Haven't cruised in 6 years - what's changed?

It's been 6 years since we last took a cruise - 2014.  From what I remember you can save money if the price drops.
I have a PNG Princess cruise on a 3 day hold which departs Oct 2021.  The cheapest price was direct with Princess Australian website.
I need to pay a deposit within 3 days or it cancels automatically.
I had a look at several OTAs and none of them had deals advertised that beat Prncess's own rates.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks, good to know that hasn't changed!

What has changed for the better is that Australian prices are the same or better than the USA.  I checked a couple USA OTAs and there was no difference and Princess Australia was cheaper.  I could book through Flybuys but they were a bit higher and the points weren't worth it.

Aussie cruises iclude the gratuities, right?  No extra daily charges?

That's right, no extra daily charges. The drinks prices are as listed as well, no added gratuities on those either. Drinks prices have gone up in the last year but I still consider them reasonable. There is a new and very comprehensive wine list but, again, the prices are higher than they used to be. The coffee card is no longer a card, it is a package attached to your cruise card. $36 for 15 speciality coffees but now if you don't use them all you lose whatever is unused. You can share a coffee package for the speciality coffees only - we tend to just have one running at a time.

Princess now has an intranet webpage available onboard at no extra cost, but it does cost extra to access the internet of course. The intranet page allows you to check your account, your coffee package usage, book excursions, buy Future Cruise Deposits, and see what's on and where (although sometime this info isn't accurate). It's useful though and is just accessed through any browser on your device - smartphone, tablet, laptop or whatever.

I called Princess this morning because I was having trouble resetting my password.  The link is sent so late that it expires (30 minutes) before it even hits my email!  But it turns out I am Platinum so the free internet will be helpful.  Hopefully my Vodafone $5 a day roaming can be used in at least Alotau and Rabaul, probably Honiara too.

LOL actually I meant things that are different with booking and saving money techniques.  For example I had to use a family address in the USA before to get better prices.  Now Aussie prices are competitve. 

And I wanted to be sure that price drops are still honored as this cruise is over a year and a half away!
Officially under deposit now!  😁

• Like 1