Upgrading..questions :)!

Wow you people are going to hate me before I get on my cruise on March 4th on NOS. It's just that I never think of them at the same time and when I think I have them all answered then BAM I think of another one :)

I am booked for a Cat. N #6343 Deck 6

I am wondering if anyone know roughly the cost of upgrading to anything that is on a higher deck I am trying to get as close to the top of the ship as I can, as we will be taking the stairs everywhere and would like to be much higher, but I don't want to spend an extra 1000$ just to be on the first deck, but rather a resonable price to be higher, right now it is interior which I am fine with but would like to have less stairs :)

Sorry if any of this is a stupid question...

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Jonny

Call ASAP and ask to be upgraded to a Category L and ask for Cabin #1637 on Deck 10........If you booked at the current prices it will only cost you about $30.00 per person more.

It's a handicap cabin that is much larger then the standard inside cabin, they only allow these to be booked about 4 weeks before the sailing if no one else has them booked.

Do this ASAP though if you want to do this, because after I posted this here if you don't get it someone else will.

If you booked through Royal Caribbean yourself you can call them and make the upgrade change yourself, if you booked through a Travel Agency and can't get ahold of your agent right now you can still call Royal Caribbean and put the cabin on hold until you get ahold of your agent so he/she can make the switch for you. Tell the Royal Caribbean Agent on the phone that your agent will be calling on Monday to make the official switch, They will give you a new confirmation number for the new cabin, that is what your travel agent will need to make the switch.

You need no extra money at this time to put the cabin on a 24 hour hold.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

I called them Jimbo and the lady says you cannot hold a room over the phone for any amount of time. But also that room is available but it is not 30.00$ per person it is actually $150.00 per person...so 300.000 total...OUCH :P for an inside cabin.

You must not have booked a Category N then from the get go, you must have booked an INSIDE Guarantee and were assigned a Category N Cabin, because no way is a Category I $150 more per person then a Category L.

It's Hard to help you without knowing exactly what you paid per person for the cabin.

Don't really know why you couldn't hold a cabin over the phone because you can do in online on the Royal Caribbean site with no problem. Thats the thing with talking to someone on the Phone at Royal Caribbean, you get a different answer to the same question, I would call again and see what answer you get this time and if someone there can help you.

That cabin I mentioned above is still available, I just checked so it might be worth trying again and calling Royal Caribbean or your agent to look into it again.

There will still be the same number of stairs on the ship. If that is your concern you are better off where you are in the middle. By moving higher you are actually increasing the number of stiars you will have to climb if you want to do something on the lower decks.

Only thing you can do then to get to a higher deck without paying more money is to call again and ask nicely and asked to be moved to a higher deck Category N Cabin, Sometimes if you get a nice agent they will let you make the move, I see one on deck 8 that is available. Cabin #8371.

Good Luck

There will still be the same number of stairs on the ship. If that is your concern you are better off where you are in the middle. By moving higher you are actually increasing the number of stiars you will have to climb if you want to do something on the lower decks.

Just my opinion but I think most people in that age bracket spend more time on decks 11 and higher on Voyager Class ships.

Sounds like you already have a good location. You go down to eat.. up to catch some sun. If you can find one that is better, go for it. But with an interior guarantee to get assigned a category N cabin in a decent location sounds like a winner to me.

As Jimbo mentions, shouldn't cost you anything to change to another category N cabin but to go up to anything else they will usually charge you the difference between what you paid and what the cabin you want is currently going for.

You cannot hold a cabin over the phone unless you make the downpayment right then and there.

They have a 24 hours courtsey hold, I have done it a few times until I can get my TA on the phone. No deposit needed. You can even put a hold on cabins online with no deposit, just have to see the one you want which may not be showing.

Congrats Jimbo, ring is beautiful. (Was wondering around in your photo album the other day when I ran across it in a search.)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Will they charge you the difference between the price you paid and the current price, or will they charge you the difference between the current price for the category you paid for and the category you are seeking?

This may be a pipe dream, but I am thinking about upgrading my mom. The price differential between her inside and an outside is very small -- but she booked quite a while ago and the prices have gone up significantly. Since she'd be happy with what she booked, I probably won't do it if I have to bring her up to the current price, but I probably would do it if I could just pay the difference in the crrent prices.

Thanks for your help!

volleymasha

You cannot hold a cabin over the phone unless you make the downpayment right then and there.

But you can go online and do it. :) Even if you are using a TA, you can hold it, and then once you get the TA on the phone go in and cancel it.

Just did it myself when I had to change the week of my sailing on FOS

T

I think it all depends on when and who you talk to!!

Every Svc Rep has their own spiel (no spell check) :).....

I call RCCL at least 4x a week !! If I am not happy with the info I get, I hang up and call back....I sometimes get the same answer but sometimes I don't.

The one thing I can say that I anyone I speak with at RCCL is always pleasant and willing to help with any questions I have.

Hey Jimbo.........long time no see, how are you???

Archived