My Choice Dining Questions

geospyder

Yes you have your assigned table. If it's a large table you will share it with other people. I noticed that they put people together according to the room number. So you will have your neighbors at the table. If you are 2 people you might have the fortune to get a table for 2.

30 minutes ago, geospyder said:

We are booked Fantastica - not Aurea. 

We like to do shared tables with different people each night. 

Are we stuck with assigned dining?  Does assigned dining also mean an assigned table? 

What ship? Makes a difference as some older ships, Fantastica has MyChoice, and you can ask to share a Table if you like, or have one just for your party, at any time during dinner hours 

If newer/larger ships, Fantastica is set dining, and you'll be assigned to specific time and table. It may be just your party or may be a larger shared table. In such cases, if dining assignment doesn't suit you, see the maitre'd and ask to be moved; if space is available, they'll move you.  

• Thanks 1

We are on the Splendida.  Just the two of us.  We are Fantastica Ocean View.  We like share tables to meet new people but we only speak English.  Guess we'll have to talk to the maitre'd.  This is only our second time on MSC.  The last time there were ten couples so we all sat together.

1 hour ago, geospyder said:

We are on the Splendida.  Just the two of us.  We are Fantastica Ocean View.  We like share tables to meet new people but we only speak English.  Guess we'll have to talk to the maitre'd.  This is only our second time on MSC.  The last time there were ten couples so we all sat together.

85% certain that Fantastica guests has set dining aboard Splendida.  It's the Musica class ships that Fantastica balcony and suite guests have MyChoice...

So, you can make a request for a large table, and if not assigned such, speak with the maitre'd upon boarding to try being moved.  Side note, tables for two tend to be very close together, much like European bistro style, you'll be quite close to neighbors to speak.  

• Thanks 1

Only Aurea experience guests have MyChoice dining on Splendida. 

Fantastica experience guests are assigned a time and shared table, they do try to seat passengers who speak the same language together a lot of the time though. It will just depend in the demographic of your fellow passengers.

• Thanks 1

I speak four languages...

English

Sarcasm

Sexual Innuendo

Drunken Sailor

...but I a feeling I should stick to English :classic_laugh:

This will be the first time in a long time that we'll be on a cruise where we know nobody.  On the positive side it will be a good chance to make new friends.