Booking your next cruise while on board your cruise.

Topdog52

I booked once on board, I will never do it again. 

I brought all the information with me, including the room I wanted. As soon as I got home I had to cancel and rebook.

The Cruise Next staff are more oriented for selling certificates. They aren't cruise consultants. They were not up to speed with the perks and they kept telling me the cabin I wanted was not available, but I eventually booked it when I got home. 

I my opinion, wait until you get home. 

It depends on what you're wanting. Right now if you book on board you only get an in-category upgrade. This doesn't mean you get an oceanview for inside pricing, it means you get an ID cabin for the price of IF. Though I have seen some reports stating they paid for the cheapest in the category and they were given the top of it. 

There's really no HARM in booking on board unless you are past final payment. I have booked a couple of times on board and it has worked out well for me in most cases. I always get BA angled balconies on the Breakaway Plus class ships. Booking on board I am able to get those for the current BC price, usually saving about $50 per person. As long as you aren't past final payment, you can always call in if the price changes or cancel and get your CruiseNext deposits credited back to your account to use on some other future cruise.

We booked the Bliss for Alaska in its first season while on the Getaway and got what became a great deal. The price of our Balcony was never as low as we paid. The cruise next guy also had great info on which cabin to pick... My advice would be to research what you want and go with a figure i mind based on the cheapest you can get it and challenge them to do better that’s what we did.