AzAmazing Evening/White Night

sabbo55

6 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Thanks.  I haven’t done much research on our upcoming cruise.  I’m not real confident t Azamara will be sailing from Scotland in July. It doesn’t sound like Scotland will open anytime soon. 

The ships are "parked" in Scotland, part of the United Kingdom. Nothing to stop them leaving. At the moment, travellers from overseas have to quarantine on entry to UK, of which Scotland is part of. Not an issue inhibiting crew being flown in with plenty of time to include quarantine. The Gulag will be open soon!

3 minutes ago, govanguy said:

The ships are "parked" in Scotland, part of the United Kingdom. Nothing to stop them leaving. At the moment, travellers from overseas have to quarantine on entry to UK, of which Scotland is part of. Not an issue inhibiting crew being flown in with plenty of time to include quarantine. The Gulag will be open soon!

Part of Azamara’s crew is already onboard.  We’re supposed to do the British Isles in July. 
I don’t know what the Gulag is.

Edited by midwestchick

8 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Part of Azamara’s crew is already onboard.  We’re supposed to do the British Isles in July. 
I don’t know what the Gulag is.

Google is your friend 😀 the Gulag was an enclosed camp I believed run under the orders of Stalin.  Govanguy is I think tongue in cheek about Scotland, how the leaders here have a different tougher approach than the rest of the UK, some liken her to former world leaders - but we have a national election in May so who knows.  
There’s nowhere near enough crew onboard to sail away and quarantine in Scotland has to be in government managed places costing you around £1800 for the pleasure regardless of which country you come from (I will ignore the England loophole). 
We are hearing there may need to be continued restrictions on arrivals from overseas longer than first expected as there are valid concerns about importation from Europe.  There may well be a British Isles cruise sometime in July but probably restricted to UK residents as is happening with other lines.  Sorry to be saying this but I’d work now on the basis you won’t be cruising in July. 

• Like 2