AzAmazing Evening/White Night

sabbo55

I apologize if this has been asked before.  Does anyone know how far in advance Azamara announces the date for the AzAmazing Evening and White Night on a particular cruise.

I am beginning to set up shore excursions and don’t want to interfere with those events.

Thank you.

You probably won’t find out about White Night until you’re onboard, but it’s usually on a late night stay or an overnight. Azamazing evenings, check the shore excursions for a zero priced event. Sometimes they show up many months in advance.

56 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

You probably won’t find out about White Night until you’re onboard, but it’s usually on a late night stay or an overnight. Azamazing evenings, check the shore excursions for a zero priced event. Sometimes they show up many months in advance.

Thanks..I have been checking, so far nothing, but we are 5 months out.

2 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

One of ours has just been posted, less than 2 months out.

Once upon a time (not so long ago) they used to be posted in the first available copy of the online shore excursions brochure.

According to Bonnie, these are scheduled up to a year in advance 

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

According to Bonnie, these are scheduled up to a year in advance 

AzAmazing Evenings aren't posted until all the logistics are finalized. Some take longer than others to finalize, especially in maiden ports.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

AzAmazing Evenings aren't posted until all the logistics are finalized. Some take longer than others to finalize, especially in maiden ports.

There are no maiden ports on our cruise so I am not sure what the delay is. We’ve gone ahead and made evening arrangements now in some ports, could not wait any more. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

There are no maiden ports on our cruise so I am not sure what the delay is. We’ve gone ahead and made evening arrangements now in some ports, could not wait any more. 

Ours (just posted a few days ago) is the same port as the AzAmazing Evening was held in 2017 when we did the reverse direction. It is however at a different venue.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 11:08 AM, BBMacLaird said:

I don’t think Kotor is a maiden port. We have done 8 cruises with Azamara and they have always been posted well before the cruise. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Silly question!

My wife and I are taking our first Azamar cruise this October, and we too are wondering when these will be posted.

My silly question is - where will they be posted?

If I go to the main Azamara shore excursions web page, I can search for AzAmazing evenings, but do not get any results. If I go into my cruise planner, nothing either.

As others have said - we're planning our shore excursions now, would be nice to know when these are for planning purposes.

Thanks!

They are posted on the shore excursions in your Journey planner once they are decided. At present I would not expect any information until very close to your sail date. There is so much work in progress at present and this evening event may not be high priority. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, sabbo55 said:

I apologize if this has been asked before.  Does anyone know how far in advance Azamara announces the date for the AzAmazing Evening and White Night on a particular cruise.

I am beginning to set up shore excursions and don’t want to interfere with those events.

Thank you.

The AzAmazing Evening if they even have it now will be on a port day where you do not leave until late at night.  As far as I am concerned, the White Night is a big nothing and not worth planning my schedule around.  However, if it is important to you, it will be a replacement for the dinner that you will be having on board so it will not impact any excursions.

DON

28 minutes ago, Rabo said:

Personal preference, but I have to disagree with Don. White Night is an event enjoyed by most of the guests on the Azamara cruises I have been on. 

I  agree, and would say enjoyed by the vast majority....we certainly enjoyed our experience thoroughly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, midwestchick said:

I do too but I’ve never seen White Night scheduled ahead of time.

Me too, but you can often guess by looking at which nights you are late in the port. One will be the azamazing evening and it’s likely the white night will be on another late port night.

• Like 1

I really really dislike the name White Night. I would like to have it changed to Bright Night and then people could wear whatever loud shirts they have. The monochromatic color scheme of white doesn't add much except stress to new cruisers.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, MNgardens said:

I really really dislike the name White Night. I would like to have it changed to Bright Night and then people could wear whatever loud shirts they have. The monochromatic color scheme of white doesn't add much except stress to new cruisers.

As I have said, the whole white thing can be completely ignored and you can wear anything you want.  Nobody will care or even notice.  We never wear anything white on white night mainly because I believe in being different for its own sake.  Nobody has ever made a comment on what we are wearing.  New cruisers are being stressed over nothing.

DON

I agree it’s not something to stress about, but would also say that if you do want to be in the White Night spirit, you don’t need to be ‘dressed up ‘ - a plain white T-shirt is fine with any coloured trousers (cropped or otherwise) or skirt - and cheap to buy too.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 3:12 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Me too, but you can often guess by looking at which nights you are late in the port. One will be the azamazing evening and it’s likely the white night will be on another late port night.

Thanks.  I haven’t done much research on our upcoming cruise.  I’m not real confident t Azamara will be sailing from Scotland in July. It doesn’t sound like Scotland will open anytime soon.