All you can eat Crab in Miami

loconut

We are looking for an All you can eat crab restaurant in the Miami area pre cruise.  Would like Alaskan crab.  We will be in Miami on a Friday night in March.  I've Googled and all I can find is all you can eat stone crab.  TIA

The Rustic Inn In Fort Lauderdale serves Alaskan King Crab but to my knowledge doesn’t have the all you can eat feature. They have all kinds of seafood in a casual setting. My best friend and I usually have dinner there every time we visit my condo in Hallandale Beach.

Market price for Alaskan King Crab Legs in Miami is $27 per pound or more.  The cost for AYCE might be equal to what we pay for 2-3 days on a cruise!

Billy's Stone Crab is Hollywood does them as well as stone crab, subject to availability.   Check the Japanese buffets, but keep in mind that many advertise "king crab legs" that end up being snow crab legs.

I'd do something else for dinner like fresh local fish.  The Alaskan king crab in florida will be frozen.  You can go home and get the same thing.

9 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Market price for Alaskan King Crab Legs in Miami is $27 per pound or more.  The cost for AYCE might be equal to what we pay for 2-3 days on a cruise!

Billy's Stone Crab is Hollywood does them as well as stone crab, subject to availability.   Check the Japanese buffets, but keep in mind that many advertise "king crab legs" that end up being snow crab legs.

I'd do something else for dinner like fresh local fish.  The Alaskan king crab in florida will be frozen.  You can go home and get the same thing.

Which is why I'd do stone crab.  You can get fresh, never frozen all over.  It's local.  Why not enjoy the most famous and delicious seafood when visiting?

If in Miami, just go to Joe's.  Know it's pricey, and enjoy an iconic dining experience.

Edited by BNBR

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

Which is why I'd do stone crab.  You can get fresh, never frozen all over.  It's local.  Why not enjoy the most famous and iconic seafood when visiting?

Good point - I should have thought of that!  (Maybe I would have if somebody else was paying the bill.  😱)

2 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Good point - I should have thought of that!  (Maybe I would have if somebody else was paying the bill.  😱)

We go to Billy's a couple of times every season.  And I'll splurge on some claws at Publix every few weeks or so. Hard to turn down fresh stone crab claws!  I'm a stone crab addict and I'm pretty sure stone crab is more pricey than heroin...

Edited by BNBR
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

We go to Billy's a couple of times every season.  And I'll splurge on some claws at Publix every few weeks or so. Hard to turn down fresh stone crab claws!  I'm a stone crab addict and I'm pretty sure stone crab is more pricey than heroin...

How much are they running at publix this year?  And remind me (it's been years), how much weight per person for an appetizer? 

4 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

How much are they running at publix this year?  And remind me (it's been years), how much weight per person for an appetizer? 

I picked up mediums for I think $25lb or so.  Large are $32lb.  3 claws makes a good appetizer, medium or large.  About a half pound.  For a main, I like 8 to 10 claws.  Which is roughly $35 for mediums.  But if you just want a few medium claws, $12-$15 which isn't bad.  And Publix will crack them for you if you like.

Billy's has a market, FYI. And pricing is usually around $25-$30lb.  They say 7-8 mediums per pound.  I feel like it's usually 6 or 7

Edited by BNBR
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I picked up mediums for I think $23lb or so.  Large are $32lb.  3 claws makes a good appetizer, medium or large.  About a half pound.  For a main, I like 8 to 10 claws.  Which is roughly $35 for mediums.  But if you just want a few medium claws, $12-$15 which isn't bad.  And Publix will crack them for you if you like.

Deeply appreciated.   

On 2/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, loconut said:

We are looking for an All you can eat crab restaurant in the Miami area pre cruise.  Would like Alaskan crab.  We will be in Miami on a Friday night in March.  I've Googled and all I can find is all you can eat stone crab.  TIA

To get back to the OP's question...

I've honestly never seen all you can eat Alaskan Crab down here in Miami, sorry.  The only all you can eat stone crab (which is not what you are looking for) which I've done a few times is at Trulucks and that unfortunately is on Monday nights during season. 

We have a lot of great restaurants where you can get some great crab, just don't know of anywhere that you would get all you can eat Alaskan crab.