Room Upgrade

JDIRWINCPA

I bid on a room upgrade on the NCL Encore on the 01/19/19 sailing. I bid $200 to upgrade to a mini-balcony and was successful. Herein lies the problem. NCL charged my credit card $200 for my bid along with an additional $200 for someone else's bid. I have been trying to straighten this out with NCL and my bank since 11/19 of last year. My bank was able to get the booking information for the other party, name reservation number, home address. My bank told me that NCL states that I authorized my card to be used for the other couple. I have been unable to speak with anyone in Customer Service at NCL who has authority to look into this. 

Bids are supposed to be doubled.  When you select "$200" on the slider on the bidding page, you will be charged $200 for the first 2 people in the room, a total of $400.  (And if you are going solo, you will still be charged $400 each).  If you are saying that you actually bid $100 and were charged the correct $200 total for your upgrade and then charged an additional $200 for another room's upgrade, that is a different story.  And, there is no way you would have been able to authorize another room's upgrade unless you were the one filling out their form with your info.  So if this is the case, this is fraud and your bank/card needs to deal with it as such.

I've got all the paperwork. Total bid was $200 for the room. I even have the acknowledgement from NCL.

The other party was Gregory & Ester W..... from Chattanooga. Bank was kind enough to provide me with a copy of their cruise confirmation. 

I would just tell your bank that this is fraud and they need to process it as such.  NCL can claim as much as they want that you authorized this, but if you did not, it is fraud.  Just like any other merchant with a fraudulent charge claiming you authorized it.  You probably won't get anywhere with NCL.

23 hours ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

I've got all the paperwork. Total bid was $200 for the room. I even have the acknowledgement from NCL.

The other party was Gregory & Ester W..... from Chattanooga. Bank was kind enough to provide me with a copy of their cruise confirmation. 

Update on the above, The confirmation I have for Gregory & Ester even shows my credit card number applied for their final $200 payment. No one at NCL will take any responsibility for their mistake. I have completed an online request with customer service and automated response says they will be back with me in 4-6 weeks. 

I have contacted Bank America and placed a fraud claim with them. Had to cancel my credit card with a new one to be issued. This was our 30th cruise, second with NCL.

I will follow up when I get a final resolution.