Chankanaab Questions

PinkSand26

Hello,

I'll be in Cozumel for our stop with 2 young kids 3 & 6 - trying to decide what to do and this place looks the best. Open to any other suggestions.

Do we have to book anything ahead of time or can we just take a taxi from cruise port there? We are on the RC Brilliance of the Seas. How long is the cab ride?
If we bring our own snorkel gear, is there snorkeling from the beach available? 

Thanks!

Yes you can take a taxi. No need to book ahead. There's an entrance fee but you can get a discount on their website. Snorkeling is pretty good on the northern end of their beach. Your right hand side when facing the water.

For younger children Playa Mia has more things to do. Snorkeling there isn't good though.

• Like 1

Absolutely a great place to spend time with the kiddos.  My wife and 3 year old son at the timed the best day there.  I have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and this is by far the best I have ever seen.  There are stairs that walk down into the water and you can just stick your head down and see tons of fish.  There is a fresh water pool, play area, hammocks under palm tress and plenty of other stuff.

In fact we are going back in May to spend the day there again!

• Like 1

We were at Chankanaab late January 2020.  We were cruising with family and grandkids ages 4, 4, 7 & 10.  Loved Chankanaab.  Took the 7 & 10 snorkeling and they enjoyed it.  After that the parents and kids went to the pool while my husband and I had a few drinks at the beach.  At 1:00 was a sea lion show (free).  You can walk around a Mayan village among other things to do.  Adults were $23, kids $16?  Taxi was $24 for the 8 of us.  Would go again