Infinity Boarding Process with Only Carry On Luggage

smogfarmgirl

First time cruising, and from what I’ve read the process seems to be a little different on the different classes of ships, and those that have been refurbished and those not....so here’s my question. We are driving to port in Miami, and can be there as early as we can possible get on the ship!lol. We will have 3 carry-on sized pieces of luggage. I’ve read some people keep carryons with them, but is this the best idea? We don’t really want to lug them around, we’d rather have a few things in a backpack and start our vacation! Don’t really care what time the room is ready, I want to hit a pool and get a drink 😁 

Whats my best plan? We are Aquaclass if that matters, and I will complete the check in online first. 

You can check your luggage with the porters at the port, keeping your backpack.  You are correct you don’t want to crave your suitcases around for a couple of hours.  Your luggage will be delivered to your cabin, normally late afternoon.  
You will find your electronic documents on-line about 45 days or so before your cruise.  You don’t need to print the edocs but you will find luggage tags at tge end of tge documents which you can print and place on your luggage.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Generally boarding will begin between 11-11:30 and then will board by Class - Suite First.    Everyone has some type of priority so don't expect much.  

If the ship has gone through revolution you are usually allowed to go to your room to pick up your room key and drop luggage.    At the curb when pulling up you will see porters and you can either drop your  bags to be delivered to your room or carry them aboard. 

Once in the terminal you will go through security and then come into a large room where there will be different lanes for both Captain's Club Level as well as Room Classification.  If on the ships that have gone through Revolution they usually have facial recognition that quickly check your in without having to get on line but not sure how Miami works. 

56 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

First time cruising, and from what I’ve read the process seems to be a little different on the different classes of ships, and those that have been refurbished and those not....so here’s my question. We are driving to port in Miami, and can be there as early as we can possible get on the ship!lol. We will have 3 carry-on sized pieces of luggage. I’ve read some people keep carryons with them, but is this the best idea? We don’t really want to lug them around, we’d rather have a few things in a backpack and start our vacation! Don’t really care what time the room is ready, I want to hit a pool and get a drink 😁 

Whats my best plan? We are Aquaclass if that matters, and I will complete the check in online first. 

We sailed on the Infinity in January.  We checked one bag and took our rollerboards onboard.  We boarded about 11:30 and cabins were available between 1:30 and 2:00.  When cabins are available everyone goes to the elevators to get to their cabins.  Since you are in Aqua, your cabin is probably on one of the higher decks.  So, if you have carry-ons you will either have to wait some time for an elevator or carry your bags up to your deck.  That may be more exercise than you were planning.  

I think your idea of having one carry-on with what you will need to go to the pool, order a drink and relax sounds like a winner.

Just make sure you have any meds, sunscreen/lotion, hats/visors, sunglasses, and swimsuits available in your carry-on.  Then let the party begin!!

Have a great cruise!!

• Thanks 1

They do lock the hall at the staircase and elevator so you can not bring your bags to your room.  Even after they announce the staterooms are ready (in October 2019)  we had to wait an extra 20 minutes because our deck was not ready.  Try to bring less to carry around if possible.  

If you are going after they refurbish the ship next year it may be different.