Worst canelation policy in the cruise industry

I am not trying to be insensitive or anything as I have had to deal with the death of my father and I had a cruise booked at that time. If I read the original post correctly his mother has not died. If I just heard that my mother had only days left the last thing I would worry about was a refund and in particular spending time going on line to ***** about it. We don't even know how far off the cruise is or was. I went through a similar situation with my dad as he was dying from cancer and we did not know how long he would last. I had a cruise booked from way out. I did not have insurance but I just knew and was prepared that if it happened at that time I would sacrifice the cruise. I knew that and was ready for it. That was the least of my worries. Missing a cruise does not compare with the loss of your parent.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, HalfHand said:

Now I have no idea if it is even offered.

It is offered.  At least by Delta.

You need to supply them with the name of the deceased, and the name of the funeral home that is handling the remains.

They will book a bereavement fare, subject to confirmation.

But like other comments, with Carnival, the OP got sick.  With is one, it is NOT the traveler.  NOT apples to apples.