9c wrap balcony questions Breeze

kenlyn

I havent been on a Carnival ship for many years but decided to switch things up and try a different itinerary.  I read a lot of good things and booked the Breeze. I was intrigued by the wrap aft balconies and I booked one. I have since been trying to find reviews about the cabins and finding very few. Those of you that have sailed these rooms what can I expect? Is the gray block area on deck plan by the room a storage area? Is there a lot of noise? I have had aft balconies and love location. I have cabins above and below so shouldn't be a noisy "people" location. Cabin number 8466. Room appears larger than regular balcony but deck plans can be deceiving.  Any info will be appreciated 

We were in an aft wrap last year on the Dream, which is very similar to the Breeze. We booked on deck 9 however and regretted that choice. It was right under the aft pool and the scrapping of chairs woke us early every morning. If you are on deck 8, you shouldn't have that issue.

The room was smaller than a regular balcony. There was no room for a couch, hence why it was a 2 person room only.  It was really just the bed, a vanity and the bathroom. The balcony was great though. It was super huge and we enjoyed the privacy. All-in-all, we liked the room and would simply just not book the deck right under the pool again. I think it's worth trying at least once if the price is right.

Heidi

8 minutes ago, hkbragg said:

We were in an aft wrap last year on the Dream, which is very similar to the Breeze. We booked on deck 9 however and regretted that choice. It was right under the aft pool and the scrapping of chairs woke us early every morning. If you are on deck 8, you shouldn't have that issue.

The room was smaller than a regular balcony. There was no room for a couch, hence why it was a 2 person room only.  It was really just the bed, a vanity and the bathroom. The balcony was great though. It was super huge and we enjoyed the privacy. All-in-all, we liked the room and would simply just not book the deck right under the pool again. I think it's worth trying at least once if the price is right.

Heidi

Thanks Heidi! 

We were in an aft-wrap on The Legend. Never heard a sound the entire cruise. Cabin was huge. Separate bedroom, living room, small dressing area. Bathroom had two granite sinks. Bath tub. Balcony comfortably held over 20 people and not crowded. Best cabin I have ever sailed in. Or probably ever will sail in. 

We have an aft wrap on 7 booked on the breeze for feb 29, I think I found a video on youtube but can't remember.  We had an aft wrap on sunshine and it was much bigger than a regular cabin and of course balcony was huge. Not sure about the space you mentioned but there was a door and then like a little hall with a door to our cabin and a door to the cabin next to us on the side of the ship, the one with the long narrow balcony, so it was sort of like a private entrance😃  We usually book aft facing cabins no matter what line or ship, you will enjoy it.

Edited by coscab

We were in Breeze aft wrap balcony room 7458 in May 2017. Had only experienced interior rooms so we loved it! Sometimes the movement   was very noticeable at night but overall we loved the room and balcony. First time posting pics here hope they show up! 🤪

44381FA2-41B4-4023-A3A1-856B50ED91EA.jpeg

B3A87DBD-B3C3-4A2D-8B62-C51F0A7C3E1E.jpeg

95927021-7733-4C73-9777-B59EA7A8041D.jpeg

C1E01D36-56CF-425B-8206-F66A177CC4AB.jpeg

0D037786-4606-4FD1-A2DC-EF3DC6C5240C.jpeg

F6A29689-F8F8-49AC-8010-260F65FD2FAE.jpeg

0C463A02-BDF3-403E-8836-DE39DB7732BD.jpeg

We had cabin 8473 on the Breeze, so the opposite wrap of yours. There was little to no noise, but we did feel some movement at night. I'm not sensitive to the movement, so it felt like the ship rocked me to sleep. The room's shape did lead to some awkward furniture placement. We have our beds separated so we actually had to push the ends of the beds together so we could make our way around them without being squished into the wall. That said, we really liked the room, the balcony was amazing, and I'd book it again for sure. You can't beat that view!! Have a great time! 

3 hours ago, rubyfalls said:

We had cabin 8473 on the Breeze, so the opposite wrap of yours. There was little to no noise, but we did feel some movement at night. I'm not sensitive to the movement, so it felt like the ship rocked me to sleep. The room's shape did lead to some awkward furniture placement. We have our beds separated so we actually had to push the ends of the beds together so we could make our way around them without being squished into the wall. That said, we really liked the room, the balcony was amazing, and I'd book it again for sure. You can't beat that view!! Have a great time! 

I dont mind the aft movement either its comforting at night. I was a bit concerned about size of the room but it's not like we are doing aerobics in there. Just two people trying to have a quiet space to get away from the other 3600 passengers. It's funny because the room looks big on the deck plan

1 hour ago, kenlyn said:

I dont mind the aft movement either its comforting at night. I was a bit concerned about size of the room but it's not like we are doing aerobics in there. Just two people trying to have a quiet space to get away from the other 3600 passengers. It's funny because the room looks big on the deck plan

There's a lot room on the side of the cabin where the desk and mirror are - but the part of the cabin you actually move around in, around the beds, to the bathroom and door - are very tight to the wall. It's a funny layout for sure. The deck is worth it, though! 

11 minutes ago, rubyfalls said:

There's a lot room on the side of the cabin where the desk and mirror are - but the part of the cabin you actually move around in, around the beds, to the bathroom and door - are very tight to the wall. It's a funny layout for sure. The deck is worth it, though! 

Which is why the 6th floor is the way to go.   Biggest room of aft wraps

On 2/12/2020 at 5:13 PM, kenlyn said:

I havent been on a Carnival ship for many years ... Is the gray block area on deck plan by the room a storage area? Is there a lot of noise? ...

The gray area is a stairwell used by the crew.  You can see it on decks 6-9.  

I have stayed in the extended aft balconies on the Magic, sister to the Breeze, and found them very quiet.  There is very little foot traffic back there.  There is some noise and vibration when docking but we're always up by then and didn't find it bothersome.