Sea Salt

GottaKnowWhen

When we go places, we often buy stuff. Yeah, I know it happens to others as well.  Sometimes that. “Stuff” winds up as a treasured souvenir, sometimes not. I have a 3/4 full bottle of St. Maarten flavored rum that has been “aging” since 2001. So last time we were in Bonaire (2years ago?) we did an excursion that included the salt flats and slave huts on the south end. Back in town, we wandered, noticed a shop selling Bonaire sea salt.  We bought a salt-crystal grinder of Bonaire sea salt. Got home, put it on the shelf. A few days ago we needed salt on the table, happened to notice the Bonaire salt. Used it. OMG! The flavor is amazing! If you are fortunate enough to stop in Bonaire, buy some salt to take home. 

Stan

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If you go to their website, you can see their selection. 
Funny that this thread came back around, as I am headed there as we speak and have a list of requested flavors to bring back for a foodie friend. And my own list, of course. 

For the food grade ones, just pick up what you like to cook with. The flavor is so superior, start with less than you normally would. I get the coarse and use a grinder, but that may be a personal preference. 

You  can always get the plain, and grind  your own mix at home. 

For the shower scrubs, they do have a variety pack that makes a nice gift, or if you cannot decide. That are very nice and will answer questions. . 
Their tent isn’t always in the same spot, but the market isn’t that big. 

I’ll report back in a few weeks if anything has changed 

5 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Funny that this thread came back around, as I am headed there as we speak and have a list of requested flavors to bring back for a foodie friend. And my own list, of course. 

For the food grade ones, just pick up what you like to cook with. The flavor is so superior, start with less than you normally would. I get the coarse and use a grinder, but that may be a personal preference. 

For the shower scrubs, they do have a variety pack that makes a nice gift, or if you cannot decide. That are very nice and will answer questions. . 

Please do.  These are types of souvenirs I now seek out instead of another t-shirt.   Unless you are on the 2/26 Magic sailing, then I will probably bump into you at the shop.

Edited by Elaine5715

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:24 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

I loaded up.  Thank you!

• Like 1