Oasis of the Seas: Two Questions

st5310

We are booked on Oasis in May, both Diamond+, but our first time on this behemoth.  Our suite is on deck 7 and we were wondering if anyone has had issues with slow elevators to the higher decks... i.e. do they stop at every floor?  What is your experience? 

My second question has to do with Chef's Table.  As we were looking at videos of the ship we noticed the Chef's Table set-up is between the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen (on 17), but completely open with no privacy.  On other Royal ships the Chef's Table is separate from the other areas creating a quiet space so the chef can explain the food and wine pairings and the guests can enjoy the intimacy of a private dining experience.  This doesn't seem possible on Oasis given the location.  How do they address this? 

We are on Oasis currently on deck 8.  Not slow elevator service IMO.  Elevators busiest right after muster drill

and shows in the theatre.  My husband has mobility issues so uses the elevators most of the time.  I prefer to use

the stairs, especially if only going a deck or two.

The elevators may stop on every floor depending on the passengers in the elevator any given ride. They are fast though, and I loved the new touch screen in the Oasis elevators.  They are fast moving,even if you do have to stop multiple times. As already said, the only time I found long waits was after a show or large event.  I have not eaten at Chef Table so can not address that part of your question.