NCL JADE 17th Feb SAILING - REFUND

ppcox

Having received an email yesterday cancelling this cruise with a 100% refund I have just had an email with an invoice for our refund. Its for a fraction of our outlay its just for tax’s , prepaid grats and excursions.

It hasn’t included the actual cruise fare tell me this is an Admin error. Today has been the first stress free  day I have had for a couple of weeks until this happened!

13 minutes ago, ppcox said:

Having received an email yesterday cancelling this cruise with a 100% refund I have just had an email with an invoice for our refund. Its for a fraction of our outlay its just for tax’s , prepaid grats and excursions.

It hasn’t included the actual cruise fare tell me this is an Admin error. Today has been the first stress free  day I have had for a couple of weeks until this happened!

Those are your prepaids that are refundable immediately.  They should refund your cruise fare in the next 3-4 weeks.🙄

They take your money immediately, then take forever to process refunds! 😠

Just now, debshomespun said:

Those are your prepaids that are refundable immediately.  They should refund your cruise fare in the next 3-4 weeks.🙄

They take your money immediately, then take forever to process refunds! 😠

Ok but it reads like thats all I’m entitled too. 

27 minutes ago, ppcox said:

Ok but it reads like thats all I’m entitled too. 

It is their standard you cancelled your cruise a week before embarcation this is what you get back letter.  You may wait a while for the cruise fare to be refunded since it is not standard, there will be thousands to be calculated, Next Cruise deposits returned.  Count on 4 weeks. RCI told me two weeks for my 2/24/20 cancelled cruise, saying I will have my refund by 2/20/20, 4 days before the scheduled cruise.  Time will tell.

44 minutes ago, ppcox said:

Sorry I dont understand the first part of your post I didn’t cancel my cruise they did. 

They don't have a standard we cancelled your cruise letter, so they used their standard you cancelled your cruise letter to get you started, the rest will come later.

@mugtech

They don't have a standard we cancelled your cruise letter, so they used their standard you cancelled your cruise letter to get you started,

Surely such a large company with so many cruises they have recently cancelled it would not be too hard to make up a "We cancelled your cruise" letter.

24 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@mugtech

They don't have a standard we cancelled your cruise letter, so they used their standard you cancelled your cruise letter to get you started,

Surely such a large company with so many cruises they have recently cancelled it would not be too hard to make up a "We cancelled your cruise" letter.

Probably not too hard, but no one has ever accused NCL of being technologically enriched.  She will get another letter later.  Most big companies like to play the float.

If you paid your cruise fare to a travel agent, the refund may go to the travel agent who then needs to forward it to you.  I don't know if the process is the same in the UK as it is in the US.  I saw a post from someone denied boarding on the Feb 6 cruise and they received their refund right at 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, herdingdogmom said:

If you paid your cruise fare to a travel agent, the refund may go to the travel agent who then needs to forward it to you.  I don't know if the process is the same in the UK as it is in the US.  I saw a post from someone denied boarding on the Feb 6 cruise and they received their refund right at 2 weeks.

Thanks but I dealt directly with NCL. I’m going to give them a call just to be sure. 

Called this morning and yes they confirm the cruise fare will be funded and it is exactly as reported here a standard template as if we had cancelled. Should know by now CC has the answers. 

It is really unprofessional of NCL not to have a letter template to deal with all eventualities or make a new one. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ppcox said:

Called this morning and yes they confirm the cruise fare will be funded and it is exactly as reported here a standard template as if we had cancelled. Should know by now CC has the answers. 

It is really unprofessional of NCL not to have a letter template to deal with all eventualities or make a new one. 

I'm sure they will supply you with one for a 20% gratuity....for your convenience of course. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ppcox said:

NCL unprofessional in dealing with their customers?  Say it isn't so, LOL  With our group going to Europe last year I said this so many times.  We all still book so they don't need to fix their systems. 

I will say in dealing with our new representative at NCL I have received much better service so far.  Crossing my fingers as we are still 4 months out 🙂

• Like 1