Bliss - Dining with multiple people

Ram327

Hi! I am close to being able to book my dining reservations.  I have read a few different reports on how to dine with guests on separate reservations.  

If there are 6 of us that want to dine together a few nights on the Bliss in July will I be able to do that on my reservations, just hit 6 people?  I read NCL does not link their reservations, so I'm looking for some guidance on this. 

Thanks!

Yup, think of it like making reservations on land. Only one person needs to call and make a reservation for the number of people. About the only difference is the reservation is listed on your freestyle card not your name - so when you show up whoever made the reservation is the one that hands over their card. 

That applies for the specialty restaurants. You don't NEED reservations for the MDR, that's the idea behind "freestyle cruising", though as parties get larger they do appreciate being informed of the group so they can have a large enough table together.  There are tables for 6 though.

I believe NCL DOES link reservations, or the system on the Bliss is advanced enough to recognize trends.  When I was on in Oct., when one of us (3 people in 2 rooms) presented our card for dinner seating at either MDR or specialty the maitre'd then asked if the rest of the party was from the room that did not present a card.  I attribute that to the reservations being linked or to the system (maybe it was the people) recognizing a trend of the 2 cabins dining together.

Edited by hallux

36 minutes ago, hallux said:

That applies for the specialty restaurants. You don't NEED reservations for the MDR, that's the idea behind "freestyle cruising", though as parties get larger they do appreciate being informed of the group so they can have a large enough table together.  There are tables for 6 though.

I believe NCL DOES link reservations, or the system on the Bliss is advanced enough to recognize trends.  When I was on in Oct., when one of us (3 people in 2 rooms) presented our card for dinner seating at either MDR or specialty the maitre'd then asked if the rest of the party was from the room that did not present a card.  I attribute that to the reservations being linked or to the system (maybe it was the people) recognizing a trend of the 2 cabins dining together.

My guess would be that you had previously eaten together. The system does keep a record of sorts of what meals you have, and who with. Once, when there was some confusion over which meals we had used the dining package for and which were platinum, the staff member went through all the meals we had had and knew who was there.

Anyway, the relevant thing for the OP is that there is no requirement for reservations to be linked. One person just books for 6, and at no point during that reservation do they say who the other 5 people are.