port vs starboard side of ship?

JacqueO

Looking at cruises to Alaska and seeing a slight difference in cost from one side of the boat to the other - I'm assuming this is bc of the view?  The more expensive side beign the better view?

Edited by JacqueO

When I first replied to this thread, the topic was asking about what a post cruise tour was. The reply below was in answer to that question. Somehow the title and question got changed.

Yes, your cruise will be extended for a few days on land. They will provide transportation, lodging, some meals and some excursions. You'll also have some free time to do things on your own

Edited by cruiseguy1016

35 minutes ago, JacqueO said:

Looking at cruises to Alaska and seeing a slight difference in cost from one side of the boat to the other - I'm assuming this is bc of the view?  The more expensive side beign the better view?

Yes, Royal is now charging more for the Starboard side on the Northbound journey and the Port side on the Southbound.

Interesting.  Think I would be looking for things in the water too, which may be on both sides.  Would not pay to have a land view as I think most of the time you are not that close to land.  But then again, there could be times when you are close.  For me, I can go up top and see the coast, assuming it is close and get my fix and a beer at the same time.  

Either way, have a great cruise.