bliss courtyard penthouse review of lighting controls and single sofa bed

luckyinpa

I'm almost ready to post my review of bliss but since i was very interested  in the outlets in the bliss courtyard penthouse cabin and i wanted to post these pics separately. also wanted to do a review of the sofabed since that info and pics were hard to find before my cruise and i promised to write about both. also note you must unplug all your stuff when you leave the room or they will do it for you. it's official policy in all literature and told to us at muster i believe

On the desk there are two standard outlets. The portable phone is plugged into one of them. We did use the phone once or twice when I went out into the lounge somebody could call me when they were ready to leave. you dialed the room number and the number 3 at the end to get the portable phone.  Also note the observation lounge has many usb ports in the end tables throughout.

Between the bed and the sofa there is a single outlet above that end table in the cabin so we used a non surge protected strip. Also controls for all the lights were above that outlet. I was able to put my phone on the arm of the sofa while i was sleeping so i could see the time. On the side of the bed with the telephone there were no Outlets that i saw (had to be something fro the phone but i didnt look that closely) but there was full lighting control for the room. The lights above the bed had USB ports and a separate switch just for those lights.  near the door was a panel to control lighting and the do not disturb/make up room light. this setup is superior to the other ships ive been on and allowed our steward to become virtually invisible to us. I did not take pics of any outlets in the bathroom. We kept the bathroom light on at night, the door open and the curtain closed. the door has a magnet so when its open it stays open. also there are blue lights under each of the end tables to use for night lights. There is a switch to turn on/off the balcony light as well. Im sure behind the coffee maker is an outlet but unsure if there's a spare for you to use. 

The single sofa bed with just one eggcrate on was miserable. I had them put 2 more on it and it became bearable. There are also at least 2 pillows to choose from and other sofa pillows if you needed them. i asked for the bed to be out all week but i think my guy had off christmas day as it was put away that day. it really wasnt fun putting it back as a bed but i didnt wanna call him just do to that for me when i was ready to take a nap lol. access to the balcony is not impeded by keeping the bed open. If you dragged in a chair from outside you would be able to put it at the table for 3 to eat there but we didnt do that. we just ate off the bed.  watching tv in the cabin was awkward with one person pulling a chair over near the fridge and one on the bed and me on the sofabed. and yes after a long day on excursions we did watch tv 🙂 . overall since it was christmas im glad we got the haven but i wouldnt again choose to be on that sofabed during another cruise.  I'd call it an adequate accommodation. If you can spring for a larger room I really recommend it. I would have loved the aft but not at christmas pricing. This was 8400 for the 3 of us thru a TA. 1000 more thru NCL. 

20191220_130431.jpg

20191220_130446.jpg

20191220_212343.jpg

20191220_212347.jpg

20191221_125703.jpg

20191221_184847.jpg

20191221_184849.jpg

20191225_161355.jpg

20191225_161359.jpg

20191225_161402.jpg

20191225_161413.jpg

20191225_161422.jpg

20191225_214747.jpg

20191225_214834.jpg

• Thanks 1

i will have to check the date of the pic at home to be sure the pic wasnt taken after i made the bed on christmas but since the bed looks so neat, i am pretty sure that wasnt me that made it . i would never take the time to make it look that pretty.

Thank you for posting pictures of the sofa bed chair!  I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online and was curious if the the "bed" would work size-wise for a teenager. 

I will request extra toppers for it...

you're welcome.  also less 'big boned'  people than me may not have any issues but it was a significant downgrade from the big bed for me personally. literally too. was surprised how close to the floor it was. i feel your pain about researching. i was also researching the aft but it was too expensive but impossible to find any pics of that sofa open either . the 2 br was pretty easy to find pics but dang that was 15K that week.😲

i also imagine these pics would mimic any of the other NCL ships. at least the newer ones in the same class. I really should post closet pics too as i was surprised by the one side being a fixed panel, thus taking away 25% of the entire closet space