Are there professionally given lectures on HAL cruises?

Ken the cruiser

14 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Koningsdam Rome to Fort Lauderdale.

That's right. You mentioned that earlier. Did you enjoy them? The reason I ask is because HAL's entertainment offerings having been sliding for the past few years, but we were really impressed by our recent main theater experience on the Maasdam going around Australia.

So it will be nice to hear the quality main theater entertainment experience we encountered on that 40 day cruise, both in the evening and on sea days, is expanding rather than continuing to decline across the fleet. 

BTW those prices I mentioned above were for upcoming Oct 2021 cruises.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That's right. You mentioned that earlier. Did you enjoy them? 

Yes, the ones I went to I did.  My sister went to all of them.  If I recall correctly there was one about the formation of the Mediterranean and a series on the 2nd World War and ships and things.  I don’t recall the subject matter of the ones I missed.  On Cunard (not a TA) there was a fascinating presentation given by Ann Daniels on The First All-Women North Pole Expedition.  That one sticks out in my mind because it was so graphic.

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes, the ones I went to I did.  My sister went to all of them.  If I recall correctly there was one about the formation of the Mediterranean and a series on the 2nd World War and ships and things.  I don’t recall the subject matter of the ones I missed.  On Cunard (not a TA) there was a fascinating presentation given by Ann Daniels on The First All-Women North Pole Expedition.  That one sticks out in my mind because it was so graphic.

Those sound pretty interesting. Unfortunately, when it comes to Cunard and their requirement for men to wear a sports coat (as a minimum) every evening after 6 pm in most parts of the ship, we have no desire to cruise with them.  

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Those sound pretty interesting. Unfortunately, when it comes to Cunard and their requirement for men to wear a sports coat (as a minimum) every evening after 6 pm in most parts of the ship, we have no desire to cruise with them.  

Yes, it is not for everyone.

• Like 1