One parent traveling with child

8 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Sometime we have been questioned a bit by immigration officials. Nothing too crazy, they have just asked me or the kids a few things like "where are you headed" or "is dad waiting for you at home?" Or other questions that could easily just be small talk. 

I’ve had this experience with my child as well. She was usually asked who I am, when her birthday is, and what is her address. She stopped being asked these questions around the age of 14.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

On 2/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, Cel_cruise said:

I traveled with my daughter last april on Symphony from Miami.   It’s my notional understanding that because we have the same last name and address, I would not need paperwork.  (I was in a group with 3 moms with their minor children, no husbands/dads - none of us needed it)   I believe if you don’t share the same last name - you may need it.  

My Daughter and I share a surname. I bring a letter. 

It is better to have and not need than the other way around.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 6:00 PM, brillohead said:

^^^THIS^^^

You can spend hours online researching and calling/emailing corporate, etc., or you can spend fifteen minutes printing a document and getting it notarized.  

PARTICULARLY with a cruise from another continent and involving multiple different countries, I would not risk it.  

I had a friend who lived in Canada who flew down to visit with her son, who was a toddler at the time.  Her husband was deceased, and they almost didn't let her onto the plane to leave the country because she hadn't brought his death certificate with her (seriously, who carries their husband's death certificate with them everywhere they go?).  I think she was able to show them his obituary online and they let her on the plane.  

While ROYAL may not require any documentation, there's no guarantee that the immigration departments of the various countries involved won't want some sort of proof that the child hasn't been kidnapped.  

If you're not divorced/estranged from the child's father -- get the notarized letter.  If you are divorced/estranged, take your court orders that grant you custody and the right to travel out of the country with the child.  

THIS ^^^^^^

No matter what ANYONE tells you, on this forum, from RCI corporate HQ, if someone in authority asks for it, and you do not have it, YOU WILL NOT BOARD.

Are you willing to take that chance?

BTW, your bank will most likely notarize for free.

• Like 2