Family booking

Stevemac83

Ok I have been looking g at  looking a family cruise for some time now, I have seen lots of great deals including RCI kids sail from £99.

Ok so I went onto there website and searched for a cruise, found 1 that suits my dates and price range. Note that it says kids 0 - 12 sail from £99 under the children section. 

On the dates I have selected it says cruise from £645, so I enter 2 adults and 1 child at 4 years old. Go to next page and I notice the price is nearly £3100. So this is now over £1000 each, obviously the child doesn't sail for £99 and adults dont sail from £645. Bear in mind I haven't even got to cabin selection yet so it is still an inside cabin price. 

Anyhow I now decide to price the same cruise for just 2 adults and my total price for the cruise is only £1290. Now that is only £645 per adult, the cabin I then select has availability for 3 persons including a child. Price doesn't change!! 

Am I missing something with my booking? Or are RCI at it? I would be better off paying a full adult price (£645) for my 4 year old.

Anyhow I just cant see how they can justify this price increase. At the moment our cruise holiday is put on hold and we have booked a package holiday. Would like to hear from anybody that has come across something similar and if anyone has found a way to cruise cheaper with a family.

Many thanks

I don't know that you have provided enough information for my response to be completely accurate, but there are several things that could be happening.  The most likely, however, is one that is very aggravating to many.  The cost of a room that has two occupants is different than the cost of a room that can permit 3-4+ occupants.  The advertised price is most likely the cheapest that two can sail on a particular date, but you needed accommodations for more than two, flipping you into a higher-priced category.  

Before you say it, I agree that it is extremely misleading, and frustrating.

I have no suggestions on how to sail cheaper with a family.  Right now they seem to be offering the kids sail free on a lot of dates and that is a really good deal.

Edited by lmp29
wanted to clarify information

If you are frustrated by the search, use a travel agent who will do that leg work for you.

Pricing is what it is.  As far as I have seen in life, all businesses do this.  They advertise the lowest price, for which YOU may not be eligible.  But someone else may be able to get that price.  

Cabins with four berths are a "higher category" than those with just two berths.  Therefore the prices are more.

We just booked a family cruise on Monday. We are a family of five. Getting a room for 5 is almost impossible (Symphony has one such cabin, for example) and our kid are too young to be in a cabin themselves. My mom decided to sail with us and offered to have one kid in her cabin. Then my in-laws booked the cruise too. With all those arrangements, we used a TA and let her do all the legwork. Plus she gave us some onboard credit which never hurts.

Good luck. The website pricing makes me go bonkers.