Toronto airport question

mek

If Toronto is my entry point into Canada coming from the US do we always go through immigration there regardless of our final destination?  We will be connecting through Toronto to Montreal.  I just need to make sure there aren't any exceptions and we wouldn't go through immigration until we reach Montreal - which would really screw us up with time.

1 minute ago, mek said:

If Toronto is my entry point into Canada coming from the US do we always go through immigration there regardless of our final destination?  We will be connecting through Toronto to Montreal.  I just need to make sure there aren't any exceptions and we wouldn't go through immigration until we reach Montreal - which would really screw us up with time.

Yes, you’ll do your immigration check in Toronto.  Toronto to Montreal is a simple domestic flight.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, you’ll do your immigration check in Toronto.  Toronto to Montreal is a simple domestic flight.

Thanks - We've connected through Toronto several times - just wanted to make sure for this flight.

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Do you have any experience with the Marriott inside of the terminal in Montreal?  My husband uses a wheelchair and I'm trying to figure out how to get him and our bags from the baggage claim area to the hotel.

1 hour ago, mek said:

Do you have any experience with the Marriott inside of the terminal in Montreal?  My husband uses a wheelchair and I'm trying to figure out how to get him and our bags from the baggage claim area to the hotel.

Well, I’ve never stayed there but I have roamed by the entrance a couple of times.   I have no experience traveling with a person in a wheelchair but would think the Marriott would be an excellent solution for you; I suppose it’s easy enough to get a porter to help with the luggage.... I’ve seen oodles of them in Montreal.

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Well, I’ve never stayed there but I have roamed by the entrance a couple of times.   I have no experience traveling with a person in a wheelchair but would think the Marriott would be an excellent solution for you; I suppose it’s easy enough to get a porter to help with the luggage.... I’ve seen oodles of them in Montreal.

That's what I'm hoping.  We like to come in the day before but we don't plan to do anything but relax before boarding our ship the following day - we have a 6:50 am flight that morning so we will be tired.