Xcaret or Xplor parks

beshears

I'm not for sure, but I believe Xcaret and Xplor parks are fairly close to the Cozumel area.  By us cruising, we will only have a few hours to check out either of these parks.  If you have been to either of them, (I know the entry fee is at least $110 - $129), would it be worth paying this much money out for just a few hours of checking out either of these parks?

Hi beshears, I remember you from the STT forum...

These are a short drive south of Playa Del Carmen which is on the Yucatan coast a 45 minute ferry ride from your port of Cozumel. So figure 3+ hours of travel time. Definitely worth a visit, as are other places near Playa, just depends on what you are looking for as these are two different experiences. You would want to spend more than 3 hours at Xcaret. There are some helpful threads on excursions to the Riviera Maya you can find using the search option. 

But how long are you in port? That is the all-important question...

In this thread, Rinderoo has 12 hours in port and could easily enjoy a full day and evening at Xvcaret and/or Xplor and RIO Secreto, for example, and still have plenty of time for an evening in San Miguel. 

Edited by blue_water

BlueWater, thank you for your response.  We will be in Cozumel for 8 hours,  but then we have to take in consideration "how long it will take to get off the ship, and to get to the ferry destination, as well as having enough time to do the same when coming back to the ship.  My son was here working on my computer last night, and I brought this up, that his brother had mentioned this to me, so that was why I was checking both places out. He then mentioned, as well as the other son did that "if" we didn't do either of these parks, just taking the ferry over would be something for us to do. 🙂 I think my 3 sons are to get together, so hopefully they can work out some plans, as two of them are leaving about 4 days before we leave, and then we will meet on the ship! 🙂

JohninDC, thank you.  We "might" do the Carnival La Casa Beach Adults only in Cozumel.  It is pretty expensive, which "I" think, but my sons wanted to do it.  I just didn't think there was much to there for the cost, so we'll see.

Agree with John, lots to do on Cozumel without taking the ferry.

We thoroughly enjoyed our two day pass to Xcaret from a mainland land vacation. you would have to be content to experience only a fraction of it on a cruise ship tour, and be extremely organized in advance.  

No idea about La Casa as it is a Carnival exclusive tour and we have never been to Cozumel on Carnival. HOWEVER, from reading reviews over the years I do know the experience has been at different locations so you would need to read a recent review ( probably on TA as I haven’t seen it mentioned on here in a long time) to find out what it is currently like.

Edited by c-leg5