Room Service, Couple of Questions

OSUZorba

I'll be in a Grand Suite on LB in a few weeks. My last cruise was my first time in a full suite and I enjoyed the full menu room service. But I have a couple of questions.

1) I found out on my last cruise I could not order room service from a courtesy phone; it had to be ordered from the cabin phone. So now I am wondering, can the food be delivered while I am away from the room? Basically, I'd like to order my food, go to the gym and have it there when I get back. If they will leave it in the room, would they take a tip I left on the table with a note?

2) I know tipping is personal, but I was wondering what people normally did for tips with room service. I'm not a natural tipper, but try to be a good one especially on cruises.

3) Is there are good way to get the lunch/breakfast menus? I can't seem to find them in the app and they only leave the dinner menus in the cabin.

TIA

2 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

I'll be in a Grand Suite on LB in a few weeks. My last cruise was my first time in a full suite and I enjoyed the full menu room service. But I have a couple of questions.

1) I found out on my last cruise I could not order room service from a courtesy phone; it had to be ordered from the cabin phone. So now I am wondering, can the food be delivered while I am away from the room? Basically, I'd like to order my food, go to the gym and have it there when I get back. If they will leave it in the room, would they take a tip I left on the table with a note?

2) I know tipping is personal, but I was wondering what people normally did for tips with room service. I'm not a natural tipper, but try to be a good one especially on cruises.

3) Is there are good way to get the lunch/breakfast menus? I can't seem to find them in the app and they only leave the dinner menus in the cabin.

TIA

We have room service breakfast every morning which we eat on our balcony.

Ask your cabin steward for menu's that you fill in and time you want it and hang on your outside door handle before you go to bed.

We always get a phone call 5 minutes before delivery in the morning and give our waiter $2-$3 cash tip.

We don't get room service during the day so cannot advise on that.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We have room service breakfast every morning which we eat on our balcony.

Ask your cabin steward for menu's that you fill in and time you want it and hang on your outside door handle before you go to bed.

We always get a phone call 5 minutes before delivery in the morning and give our waiter $2-$3 cash tip.

We don't get room service during the day so cannot advise on that.

The breakfast menu that you hang on the door is much smaller than the MDR menu. GS and above can have full MDR menu for room service... 

That being said, I don't know that the breakfast menu changes. But I have asked and my room attendant to leave me the breakfast and lunch menus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

The breakfast menu that you hang on the door is much smaller than the MDR menu. GS and above can have full MDR menu for room service... 

That being said, I don't know that the breakfast menu changes. But I have asked and my room attendant to leave me the breakfast and lunch menus

This is the breakfast menu.

There is a pay MDR menu as well for non suite guests.

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

you must be there to receive the food.   too many people were ordering them either falling asleep or leaving the cabin.   they do not enter the cabin if you are not there.  they do not have access to do so.  ( they are not housekeeping staff)  

you should tip according to the size of the order.  continental breakfast is a buck or two, full meals   up to $5 depending on how large the order is.  

I don't remember whether LIB has the  room service menu on the TV or not.  I have always gotten the full breakfast menu in the suite.   I suppose you can ask for the  MDR Lunch menu as well.