Significant price drop before final pay with NRD

fmlycrz

Greetings!  The prices for our June 2020 cruise has fallen quite a lot in the last week ($600 pp for balcony, where we are currently booked).  We booked Non-refundable $500 deposit per person.  Is it possible for me to call and "cancel and rebook" immediately, losing the $100 fee pp and using the $400 future cruise credit pp right then?  Or do I need to cancel and wait for a certain amount of time to use the credit?  I am not confident we will book another cruise within 12 months so would like to use the credit on this trip if possible.  We would seemingly still save $1,000 total and have the same perks, so I think the process will be worth it regardless.

Another question: I have also seen posted that even after final payment we can upgrade with no fee as long as the price of the new category is higher than our current booking.  Are there any other restrictions on this practice?  I am considering changing to Oceanview now and betting that Balcony prices will fall further after final payment, understanding that may not happen, or Balconies may sell out, and we may have to stay in Oceanview.  Anything else I should consider?

Thank you all for your help!

You can call your travel agent or Celebrity, whomever you booked with, to make the adjustment to the lower price.  Additionally, you can also upgrade to a higher category at anytime before final payment by paying the difference.  After final payment, you can upgrade to a balcony of a higher price by just paying the difference.  The non-refundable deposit penalty only applies if you change sailing dates or ships.  

Contact your travel agent or Celebrity.  🍷

• Like 1

Please be aware, that it is possible that you can lose some if not all of your OBC and/or Perks, pending on the offer of lower fare.

That is if you choose to cancel and re-book, otherwise you will be able to up-grade your cabin quite possibly.

Make sure you evaluate the new offering before accepting and will be happy...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

What I've been seeing with the lower rates is that they are not combinable with Celebrity Perks.  They are resident and senior fare codes.  So you'll need to do the math and decide which is better for your own particular situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fmlycrz said:

Greetings!  The prices for our June 2020 cruise has fallen quite a lot in the last week ($600 pp for balcony, where we are currently booked).  We booked Non-refundable $500 deposit per person.  Is it possible for me to call and "cancel and rebook" immediately, losing the $100 fee pp and using the $400 future cruise credit pp right then?  Or do I need to cancel and wait for a certain amount of time to use the credit?  I am not confident we will book another cruise within 12 months so would like to use the credit on this trip if possible.  We would seemingly still save $1,000 total and have the same perks, so I think the process will be worth it regardless.

Another question: I have also seen posted that even after final payment we can upgrade with no fee as long as the price of the new category is higher than our current booking.  Are there any other restrictions on this practice?  I am considering changing to Oceanview now and betting that Balcony prices will fall further after final payment, understanding that may not happen, or Balconies may sell out, and we may have to stay in Oceanview.  Anything else I should consider?

Thank you all for your help!

Which ship? Hope you get your price drop that’s a great saving if you do!

34 minutes ago, di T said:

Which ship? Hope you get your price drop that’s a great saving if you do!

This is for Millenium.  I haven't really paid attention to prices since we booked last summer.  Definitely some movement and hoping we can make the most of it!