Text from NCL to arrive 2 hours later?

jboilard84

Sailing on the Encore March 1st and got a text this morning "Important message from NCL: Please arrive to your port for embarkation for your upcoming cruise on N. Encore 2 hours after your selected check in time, and no later than 3PM"

Any idea what this is about? Thanks 

36 minutes ago, jboilard84 said:

Sailing on the Encore March 1st and got a text this morning "Important message from NCL: Please arrive to your port for embarkation for your upcoming cruise on N. Encore 2 hours after your selected check in time, and no later than 3PM"

Any idea what this is about? Thanks 

Received the same text. Wondering if they're gonna take more time to off-board PAX as maybe there will be health screenings. Hopefully that's it

We received similar text night before our Feb 7 sailing on Getaway out of New Orleans.  This due to issues with the prior cruise.  There were high winds in the Mississippi delta and the ship was delayed 4 hours getting to port (arrived at 9:30am).

Many didn't pay attention to suggested later arrival, thus those waiting to embark were in the way of those disembarking.

• Like 2

I am on Encore now and the captain has not made any announcements about change about our arrival. If I hear something I will come back to post.  I suspect www3traveler is correct. Probably a health inspection with all this virus craziness.  There are no codes aboard us now so I doubt anyone is sick and have not heard about anything.

16 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I am on Encore now and the captain has not made any announcements about change about our arrival. If I hear something I will come back to post.  I suspect www3traveler is correct. Probably a health inspection with all this virus craziness.  There are no codes aboard us now so I doubt anyone is sick and have not heard about anything.

You're the man! Please let us know. I have a 12 PM flight from Miami when I get off the Encore on March 8 and I hope I make it!

19 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

How’s the weather? Looks like a big storm between you and home. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

How’s the weather? Looks like a big storm between you and home. 

It rained a few hours ago.  Go carts still closed. Hoping to make laser tag in one hour.  Was closed earlier.

It got alot cooler and seas picking up

Still have not heard anything on board about delays.  Must be a port inspection.  May know more tomorrow.  Will keep u posted

Here is an update:
Heard that the Encore will dock in Miami one hour early on Sunday.  This has not been announced to passengers and it may not since it wont affect them.   Passengers will be allowed to leave the ship 30 mins after docking but still will be allowed to stay in staterooms to 9 am (normal time).  I also heard extra scrutiny may be applied to passengers traveling from countries considered high risk for the virus.  This means all far eastern countries, Italy and a few others. I dont know what this means. Is this a requirement from NCL or the government.  The early docking will be so the ship will go through a deep cleaning.
keeping it real.....keeping it safe for all passengers.  We have no codes or precautions currently on board.

See you in Miami soon.  Have a great cruise.  

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3

Thanks for the update @david_sobe. Sounds suspicious (like there is someone ill onboard). I thought NCL was already denying boarding to passengers with some Asian passports. 

We sail to Bermuda soon, so we are carefully monitoring the daily/hourly changes on policies.  

When this happened to me on Joy last November it was because of noro on the ship.  I arrived at my normal time anyway (11am) and people were still disembarking.  We were given the option of not taking the cruise and receiving a future credit, we chose to board anyway.  Lucky I had a balcony, we spent a lot of time in the cabin and avoided the buffet.  There were crew members cleaning and wiping down all surfaces daily.

I highly doubt deep cleaning, thats just a term to make people feel better.  If someone gets onboard that is infected all the cleaning in the world won’t stop them from spreading a virus.

Wash your hands a lot and avoid touching your face.

We survived the trip, didnt get infected.

The Escape hasn’t left Miami yet, I’m looking at it right now. It was supposed to leave at 4:00?  A MSC ship is still in port as well, that was supposed to leave at 5:00. Everyone else left on time. 

Edit: Just pulling out now. 

Edited by MarcAndKelley
Pending approval, so wanted to update

59 minutes ago, MarcAndKelley said:

The Escape hasn’t left Miami yet, I’m looking at it right now. It was supposed to leave at 4:00?  A MSC ship is still in port as well, that was supposed to leave at 5:00. Everyone else left on time. 

Edit: Just pulling out now. 

Just saw it pulling out at 6:00 as we were taking the causeway over to Miami Beach. 

The Encore docked about 430 this morning.  We entered the port around 4 and by the time we turned around and docked it was 430. I was up.  Today is the Miami marathon and lanes of traffic are closed to Miami beach.  Traffic affected downtown too but our cab driver stated traffic to the port was not too much affected.

Maybe NCL delayed embarkation until after the race?  Who knows.  Anyway, great day for sailaway for those cruising today.