A change to the Premium Plus Beverage Package

outlawd07

I bought the PPBP as a surprise for my husband for our upcoming cruise. I did this based off the information Ive learned from Cruise Critic and the PPBP PDF that was found on NCL’s website. Last night I was hunting online for the PPBP PDF and I stumbled across two different versions. One, from 2019 (https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf) that included Veuve and other higher-end wines, and an updated version (https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2020.pdf) which has removed Veuve and other wines as choices during dinner.

I message our Concierge over this and he confirmed that NCL has indeed removed Veuve and other expensive wines off the selection menu but stated that I would still receive a 40% discount off those missing bottles of wine if we still wanted them. He also wanted me to keep in mind that all is subject to change based on NCL’s discretion.

This all has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth but I am still going to have a great time on my cruise in April. I Just wanted to share this newly learned information with you all.

Happy cruising!

25 minutes ago, outlawd07 said:

I bought the PPBP as a surprise for my husband for our upcoming cruise. I did this based off the information Ive learned from Cruise Critic and the PPBP PDF that was found on NCL’s website. Last night I was hunting online for the PPBP PDF and I stumbled across two different versions. One, from 2019 (https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf) that included Veuve and other higher-end wines, and an updated version (https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2020.pdf) which has removed Veuve and other wines as choices during dinner.

I message our Concierge over this and he confirmed that NCL has indeed removed Veuve and other expensive wines off the selection menu but stated that I would still receive a 40% discount off those missing bottles of wine if we still wanted them. He also wanted me to keep in mind that all is subject to change based on NCL’s discretion.

This all has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth but I am still going to have a great time on my cruise in April. I Just wanted to share this newly learned information with you all.

Happy cruising!

Is it too late to cancel the upgrade and get your money back? That is what I would do.

The new flyer seems to be accurate. We had the plus package two weeks ago on the Epic. Veuve Cliquot is still available by the glass. The champagnes by the bottle include Moet & Chandon and Nicolas Feuillatte brut rose. We actually preferred both of those to Vueve.

Here are the premium plus wine selections as of February 16. The middle photo is of the glass list. The other two photos show the full list. The ones with the black star next to the name are available by the bottle as part of the plus package.

We ordered a bottle of each of champagne, red or white for dinner and took the remainder of the bottles back to our rooms with us. We never went thirsty! Enjoy your cruise. 

IMG_2088.thumb.JPG.97997d773d9f6a4bf49dc22a432addd4.JPG

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

Edited by CurtandLeslie
correction
  • Like 3

This is typical with NCL. Their product offering changes frequently like the seasons. Trying to understand what you are buying is like trying to nail jello to a wall....impossible. The odds are what you buy today won't be what you get when you are on the ship.

• Like 1

Moet and Veuve are equivallent wines, plus it looks like you can still do the Veuve by the glass, even with the new set-up?

I mean, I get being disappointed, but this doesn't really seem like something that I'd get angry about.

There’s been a little discussion on here about the PPBP and how it seems to vary based on the ship. I simply wanted to pass along the information I learned.

Ive never had Moet and looking forward to trying it. We just really enjoy Veuve.

I’m definitely not angry, more disappointed with NCL and how they can change anything they want when they want without any repercussions.

As I mentioned, I am still going to have an awesome time.
  • Like 1

We were on Sun 2 weeks ago. I happen to love Vueve . We ordered it by the glass at dinner and every single night we were just given the whole bottle. There were two of us drinking .At Le Bistro we ordered the much more expensive rose Cliquot( that’s not the right name) , husband liked it, I like yellow label . They gave us a bottle of each.

Just on Cliquot alone the upgrade was worth it, we still got the bottles but would not have cared a word if we didn’t.

There were some very nice wines as well; husband would get a bottle of wine on some nights and we would still get the Cliquot bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

I have the Premium Plus booked for my cruise and don't actually see a major difference if I get wines per bottle or by glass. I will get my wine anyway. 🙂

I think it depends on the wine.  I have this package booked as well.  If I order veuve, and I can only get it by the glass, I am hopeful that it is a recently opened bottle of wine, not one that has been opened for awhile.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chars said:

I think it depends on the wine.  I have this package booked as well.  If I order veuve, and I can only get it by the glass, I am hopeful that it is a recently opened bottle of wine, not one that has been opened for awhile.

Well if you order any wine with or without the package and wine isn't in good condition - wouldn't you then send it back anyway?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Moet and Veuve are equivallent wines, plus it looks like you can still do the Veuve by the glass, even with the new set-up?

I mean, I get being disappointed, but this doesn't really seem like something that I'd get angry about.

Completely agree.   Restaurants change their wine lists and offerings all the time.  There are a tremendous number of choices still on the lists.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, outlawd07 said:

There’s been a little discussion on here about the PPBP and how it seems to vary based on the ship. I simply wanted to pass along the information I learned.

Ive never had Moet and looking forward to trying it. We just really enjoy Veuve.

I’m definitely not angry, more disappointed with NCL and how they can change anything they want when they want without any repercussions.

As I mentioned, I am still going to have an awesome time.

The issue you have is some people book a year in advance and others book last minute. It would be virtually impossible to “grandfather” people into the “old” package and then give the others the new rules. So when they make a change, it unfortunately has to be a blanket change.

• Like 1

We had this on the Epic last week with this premium plus package and were very happy with the glasses of wine and champagne offered by the glass with this package, and bottles of Aqua Panna at dinner, or Pelligrino if you preferred! Espresso martinis, Don Julio and Woodford Reserve  was excellent too!! And of course the cartons of water anywhere on the ship!

• Like 1