Specialty dining package

Docfreed

I am watching also as we have a 3 night specialty dining package.  Are all speciality dining covered under that package?  Meaning I can eat at either Moderno, Cagney's,  Le Bistro,  or Teppanayki?  How are the a la carte restaurants handled under this package?  Do these sellout in advance or can we book on the ship?  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BuckeyeMan said:

I am watching also as we have a 3 night specialty dining package.  Are all speciality dining covered under that package?  Meaning I can eat at either Moderno, Cagney's,  Le Bistro,  or Teppanayki?  How are the a la carte restaurants handled under this package?  Do these sellout in advance or can we book on the ship?  

Yes, all of the Specialty Restaurants on the SKY are covered by the SDP.

The NCL system knows you have the SDP, or not. 

Depending on the # of SDP you have, you might want to book the two with Cover Charges first (you should not have to prepay the cover charges).  Then you can book the ala carte restaurants.

However, ultimately, it may cost you less to pay the COVER CHARGES than ALA CARTE CHARGES.

....Cagney's/LeBistro can end up totalling $100+ (per person) very easily!!!

NCL does hold back a fair percentage of reservations for booking onboard. DO make reservations ASAP to have best available choices!!!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

39 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Yes, all of the Specialty Restaurants on the SKY are covered by the SDP.

The NCL system knows you have the SDP, or not. 

Depending on the # of SDP you have, you might want to book the two with Cover Charges first (you should not have to prepay the cover charges).  Then you can book the ala carte restaurants.

However, ultimately, it may cost you less to pay the COVER CHARGES than ALA CARTE CHARGES.

....Cagney's/LeBistro can end up totalling $100+ (per person) very easily!!!

NCL does hold back a fair percentage of reservations for booking onboard. DO make reservations ASAP to have best available choices!!!

So specialty dining package means I would still get a bill at Cagney's or LeBistro?  Do I just get $39 off the amount?  Wife and myself so we get $39 total or $39/person?  Is Cagney's that good to book even with a specialty dining package?  Seems the dining room would be a better option.  

35 minutes ago, BuckeyeMan said:

So specialty dining package means I would still get a bill at Cagney's or LeBistro?  Do I just get $39 off the amount?  Wife and myself so we get $39 total or $39/person?  Is Cagney's that good to book even with a specialty dining package?  Seems the dining room would be a better option.  

On our most recent cruises (not the SKY), during each visit to Specialty Restaurants, we were each given a receipt to sign at the end of our meal.  SDP gets each person a meal, but some meals will total way more than $39, depending on your personal selections (some items do have up charges, but you would only pay extra over the "allowed" amount).  The menus list any "up" charges

Seriously, read the terms and conditions to the program, because the $39 cost, does NOT demonstrate everything that you could choose on the menus at no added cost to you!