Regal- bring wine on board question

gillyg

I believe we can bring 1 bottle per person when we board, but I am unsure as to the rules when/where we can drink it. I thought I read that you can open one bottle anywhere onboard without paying corkage???

2 hours ago, gillyg said:

I believe we can bring 1 bottle per person when we board, but I am unsure as to the rules when/where we can drink it. I thought I read that you can open one bottle anywhere onboard without paying corkage???

Your cabin unless as stated you take it to the DR/specialty restaurants where corkage applies. 

Glasses taken around the ship the fee does not apply.

18 hours ago, gillyg said:

You can bring as many bottles as you want, but all after the first (per adult) will have a corkage fee even if you just drink it in your cabin.

The first one will only have a corkage fee if you bring the bottle to a dining area.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:48 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Also, to note, it's one bottle per adult for each leg (if you're doing a B2B).

You can also bring more on at various ports of call. Those extra bottles may get hit with the corkage fee.

Or may not 😉

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:32 AM, caribill said:

The first one will only have a corkage fee if you bring the bottle to a dining area.

In all our years of carrying on wine, we've never had to go through the check in desk.

Maybe we were supposed to but just bypassed it.

Do they make record that you've carried on your allotment?

Is it a stamp that they use on your bottles or a sticker?

Whether or not a corkage fee will be charged seems inconsistent.

We just got off the Regal a couple of weeks ago, and took a bottle per person onboard. There was a "wine table" set up for checking in the wine, but it was unmanned.

One bottle was take to dinner in the Crown Grill The waiter took it to put it on ice, and served it without charging a corkage fee.

I took what was left in that bottle back to the cabin, refrigerated it, and took it to the dining room the following night.

The other bottle was taken to the ATD room, and again, no corkage fee was even mentioned. The waiter chilled it, served it, and stored it for the following night. After dinner that night (our last night onboard), I took the remainder back to the cabin, poured it in my WIne2Go double-walled wine bag, and put it in my suitcase and brought it home!!

4 minutes ago, flamomo said:

Whether or not a corkage fee will be charged seems inconsistent.

We just got off the Regal a couple of weeks ago, and took a bottle per person onboard. There was a "wine table" set up for checking in the wine, but it was unmanned.

One bottle was take to dinner in the Crown Grill The waiter took it to put it on ice, and served it without charging a corkage fee.

I took what was left in that bottle back to the cabin, refrigerated it, and took it to the dining room the following night.

The other bottle was taken to the ATD room, and again, no corkage fee was even mentioned. The waiter chilled it, served it, and stored it for the following night. After dinner that night (our last night onboard), I took the remainder back to the cabin, poured it in my WIne2Go double-walled wine bag, and put it in my suitcase and brought it home!!

What is amazing is that 2 bottles lasted the whole cruise & you even brought some back home !😄

• Haha 1