Funny Early Boarding Story on the Glory

Deb&Bert

My dh and I get on board last week early on the Glory. We have 14 balcony's in a row. For some reason not sure why when we went to the line to get our sail and sign cards, they inform us that we are in the skippers club.

I tell them they have made a mistake.. No they tell me we must go with a rep.

OK we follow this carnival rep. We inter a room and they had us our cards and they take us pass everyone and walk us right to the ship. COOL

But never found out why..lol

OK We are going to drop off our bags into our rooms and head to the lido deck. All the rooms doors are still open. Stewards are putting the final touch on all the rooms. But our door is closed. Now our daughter's room is next door and her door is open so we think we will just throw our carrying on's in her room. All of a sudden OUR DOOR OPENS and a guy walks out. He is drinking a glass of water and eating a cookie. My DH says excuse me but I think you are in OUR room. He snarls and says "NO its his room"

Now I step up and say "Sir we have 14 rooms in a row and this is our room."

Again he is really crabbing and says No. Now he yells to his wife who is also in OUR room eating cookies and drinking MY champane, that these people are telling him that they are in the wrong room. She grabs her paper work and says look it says 7217... Our room is 7417. She says oh my I am sooo sorry.

We grabs her purse and glass of champane and the BOX of cookies and says they will go down to their room and bring back THEIR box of cookies.

They leave.. Now our champane is open, the water is open, and and she takes the box of cookies that our kids ordered us is gone. LOL

The stewart walks over and ask if their is a problem.. DAAH.... Yes I tell him

He tells me to call the desk. Mean while my hubby finds a package that has the OTHER peoples drivers lic and other info. in it.. So my hubby takes it and starts walking down the hall, and here comes the OTHER MAN. LOL

My husband goes to tell him he forgot this packett and he takes it out of my husband's hand and turns and walks away!!! No thank you, kiss my ** or nothing... WOW

Now ofcourse she never brings back her cookies because SHE DON"T HAVE ANY COOKIES!!!!!!!

The stewart brings us a new water, and it takes 5 days to Carnival to replace the Cookies and Champane..LOL

Good thing our choc. covered strawberries where a little late getting there!! LOL

We labeled these people the "COOKIE STEALERS" And had a great laugh all week.

Wouldn't it be funny if they would find their way to CC now and recognize themselves?!?!

I just picture this Griswold-Cousin Eddie-type couple now in the big city...eatin' free cookies (funny picture)...Good thing you didn't drop your bags first before they got there and left the door open cuz the steward was still working or whatever...they may have been wearing your bathrobes too!! :)

I just have to wonder what kind of people just walk up to a door (clearly labelled, I assume) and don't double-check their paperwork to make sure they are at the right door. I mean, there's a big difference between 7217 and 7417. It's not like they are right next to each other or something. :)

Undrhil

Well the really funny part is that ONTOP the box of cookies is a tag that had OUR NAMES on it and with love from our friends!!!!

During the week our friends sent us a plate of cookies with a message written on a napkin and had a Carnival staff member deliever it to our room.

The note read "Enjoy your new Cookies, Love the Cookie Stealer"

We laughed sooooo hard. It took Carnival until Friday to bring us another box of cookies and another bottle of chamagne...

But the laughes were will worth it!!!!!!!

Darn, I just looked at the deck plans and if those are the true cabin numbers, they are both balconies.:mad: I was hoping that the cookie stealer's had booked an inside guarantee so when they found their real cabin, they were very disappointed to find out that they didn't really get an awesome upgrade to a balcony.

Last year on the Glory my GF and I arrived for a western around 3:30pm. We got there late because of our ride over (niece drops off & picks up). We had an inside gty. and were happy to find out via the porter that we had been upgraded to an ocean view. When we got to our room it was full of belongings and was lived in. The stewart said that there were two women there that were doing BTBs. I showed her the tickets and she got basically confused and disapeared. Went down to talk to the purser and he got to the bottom of it. The ladies had BTB cruises in two different rooms and desided with to stay where they were on the 1st leg. They cleared it with the room stewart only. I said we would take their room if it was an ocean view but the purser said no for security & charging reasons. So they paged & paged the ladies who finally showed up, but after their stuff was moved out. They were very flustered and sorry, we got 10 free drink coupons out of, mostly because my GF was pitching a fit. I found a pair of shoes under the bed they came by next day very sheepishly wanting to know if we found them. What stands out is how clueless the room stewart was about how tickets and reservations work.

I would have explained that those were gifts for us and are not standard.

The stuff they left would not have been "found" until they replaced the cookies and champagne...

...and I certainly would not have let them walk out the door with a box of cookies with my name on it.

The funny thing is that when he took the cookies we were just dumb

founded!!!!

Normally I would have went nuts...LOL

But we were on the ship within a short time, sailed past everyone else

and couldn't believe that we boarded that fast!!!!

Wow, I'm sure this started out as an honest case of mistaken cabin identity, but I can't believe how these people played the situation out when they clearly were at fault!

Surely they must have known the goodies weren't for them if they had your name on them. Rather than calling to report what they might have assumed to be a misdelivery of the items to their cabin, they apparently made the decision to simply snork down everything as a "freebee" to them at someone elses expense. Nice...where I come from we call that theft.

Even if they were stupid enough to believe all the goodies came with every cabin (hard to believe though if your name was on the gifts) and they could simply swap with the items from their cabin, they surely figured that out when there was none in their cabin. I can't believe they didn't immediately come back to make arrangements to buy you replacements & apologize profusely (I would have replaced the items & gotten a little something extra by way of apology for the inconvenience of not having your stuff at sailaway!). You probably all would have had a great laugh over it when it was resolved and parted friends!

Instead, they just curtly grabbed their stuff and disappeared. How do people like that stand themselves when they act so astoundingly low class?

Glad you found the humor in the situation though. Totally bizarre! Me, I'm spunky and probably would have gone to their cabin and inquired when I might expect my replacements :D

That is so funny! I thought that all gifts had the names on the top of the item so they either didn't care if it belonged to them or were too stupid to figure out the truth! If I would have been in a similar situation, I would have offered to replace the items AND actually follow through on it! I hope those people read this....LMAO!!:p

Archived