Super basic question about soda: cans vs fountain

marianoam

Hi, everybody.

Next month I will be sailing on Veendam. This will be my first time with HAL.

I like to purchase every drink individually, as I don't drink too much (and I drink basically sodas).

If I want a can of soda (instead of fountain soda), should I ask for it specifically? Do they offer both versions and with different prices? Or it depends of where I purchase it? (Buffet vs MDR vs bars).

Thanks!

Can't say what you will find, but on Koningsdam last February I got only cans when dining in the buffet. At most bars I got a fountain soda but not all had my choice (Sprite Zero) "on tap" so I sometimes I got a can. DH drinks regular Coke and always got a fountain soda at bars, he never ordered one at meals.

We've been on the Koningsdam and Zuiderdam in the past year and had similar experiences.    When I wanted soda to put in the refrigerator in the room, I asked for 'cans of soda' at various bars.   They USUALLY had cans, but sometimes they only had a couple.   

DH is hooked on Diet Coke, so purchased the package for him, and when he showed his card, he was almost always given fountain soda........... always in the main dining room and Club Orange.    I doubt that he requested cans himself, using the card, because if he didn't care.

When we were on Nieuw Amsterdam in November, all soda was cans. Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Fanta Orange. Those were the ones that I noted, there may have been others (probably Ginger Ale). But all cans from the bars.