Anyone have any secret tips for actually getting through to HAL?

Kfrech

Good for you!

Yesterday morning I had plopped myself down with the home phone on speaker, my giant cup of coffee, and my Kindle prepared for a 2 hour wait and ended up getting thru the regular ressie line in about 10 mins. I was cancelled and rebooked on the exact cruise I wanted in the location I wanted in no time. The booking agent was a real dear. I was impressed. 

• Like 2

I called right at 8am EST and got thru - however, after the initial pickup, there was a message that said something to due to amount of calls, call back, but then muzak came on and I went into "the que" and waited just a few minutes. I was crying as I cancelled the trip I was soooo looking forward to.

We use a PCC and when we decided to cancel on Monday, by e-mail, the response was immediate.  If you go the email route, I'd suggest you should set a request for delivery confirmation and a confirmation of it being opened.

BIggest problem I had was waiting on the phone to cancel our independent medical insurance coverage 2 hours of muzak then the battery in the handset died without warning  so I pIugged in an old fashioned corded phone and waited another 2 and 1/2 hours.