Price Reduction

rccranford1

Nice! My cruise is currently selling for $1000 less than when I purchased it in January, but they say that they won't give us any credit because our ticket isn't the right type for it. 😞 We bought through CostcoTravel.

21 minutes ago, torsoboy said:

Nice! My cruise is currently selling for $1000 less than when I purchased it in January, but they say that they won't give us any credit because our ticket isn't the right type for it. 😞 We bought through CostcoTravel.

Did you call your TA directly?  Are you past final payment date?  If so, what is your cancelation fee?  It might be worth eating the cancelation fee, and rebooking for $1000 less.

Only Early Saver allows price reduction after final payment.  

11 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Did you call your TA directly?  Are you past final payment date?  If so, what is your cancelation fee?  It might be worth eating the cancelation fee, and rebooking for $1000 less.

Only Early Saver allows price reduction after final payment.  

First I called Carnival, and they went over all of the numbers and told me that I'd be getting $xxx in OBC, but they said I had to do it through CostcoTravel.  So, I called CostcoTravel and waited on hold for 4 hours (no joke), only to hear that the cruise line wouldn't do it because I didn't have early saver tickets.  

I bought our tickets in January, and the cruise is this next Monday.  We paid in full at the time of booking, so we're past the final payment date.

I'm not out anything extra, so I don't feel ripped off or anything like that, it was just fun to think that maybe there was a possibility of some extra cash on the boat! 🤑