Keeping all our money in exchange for a Future Cruise Credit is ok but what if NCL goes bankrupt and goes out of business?

BearClaw28

I think a far more likely scenario is that on future cruises, they are cutting corners to save money. We may see a decrease in the quality of food, fewer crew members having to do the same amount of work, delayed renovations of ships, decrease in what’s included in cruise fare or beverage packages, or other cost-cutting measures, as well as more upcharges once onboard. That’s part of what makes me concerned that our FCC won’t get us the same cruise experience we had originally booked. 

NCL didn't HAVE to give us the option to cancel if we were after final payment, they could have held us to the original T&C when we bought our cruise.  No, this isn't ideal and no, it doesn't necessarily make us 100% whole but I do appreciate that they are being flexible and doing SOMETHING for us, especially in view of the massive hit they are taking with all the cancellations.  Had they not done this probably fewer people would have cancelled and no doubt more people would have gotten sick.  For me personally, this is good enough.

4 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I think a far more likely scenario is that on future cruises, they are cutting corners to save money. We may see a decrease in the quality of food, fewer crew members having to do the same amount of work, delayed renovations of ships, decrease in what’s included in cruise fare or beverage packages, or other cost-cutting measures, as well as more upcharges once onboard. That’s part of what makes me concerned that our FCC won’t get us the same cruise experience we had originally booked. 

All of that has been happening with NCL for at least the last several years.  I am not sure how they can cut much more.

3 hours ago, erdoran said:

NCL didn't HAVE to give us the option to cancel if we were after final payment, they could have held us to the original T&C when we bought our cruise.  No, this isn't ideal and no, it doesn't necessarily make us 100% whole but I do appreciate that they are being flexible and doing SOMETHING for us, especially in view of the massive hit they are taking with all the cancellations.  Had they not done this probably fewer people would have cancelled and no doubt more people would have gotten sick.  For me personally, this is good enough.

Except EVERY cruise line is enacting a coronavirus cancellation policy.  NCL didn't legally have to do it, but from a PR standpoint, they really didn't have any choice.

4 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Except EVERY cruise line is enacting a coronavirus cancellation policy.  NCL didn't legally have to do it, but from a PR standpoint, they really didn't have any choice.

They will find ways. My husband thinks all the bars will suddenly be “out” of Gray Goose. I just hope it doesn’t fall to the crew to have to work even harder than they already do.