Extremely Disappointed w/ Seabourn's Behavior

Navis

19 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s very hard to believe that anyone would select a hotel that would not allow you to cancel.   Marriott properties and Hilton properties all allow you to cancel if you do not select the low, non refundable room rate.   We would never book that rate as life is too uncertain.   Now that we are in a unprecedented worldwide crisis things are changing every hour or even minute.   We certainly did not foresee this and don’t expect any cruise line to predict the future or even respond to our queries.   The governments are trying to respond to this crisis but we are in an unknown area.   I hope we all live to see everything getting back to near normal.

Thanks for an excellent comment.  We all have to take some responsibility for our actions. Of course we as consumers didn't anticipate a situation like this when we signed a contract for a cruise, hotel, flight etc. but then neither did the supplier. They are trying to stay in business to preserve not only the ability to be there when all this is over but also the jobs of their employees, their suppliers etc.. Speaking only for myself  if I lose the price of a cruise, an airfare or whatever that will not make me happy but it's the loss of a vacation, not my livelihood  and hopefully, in this crisis, not my life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusko said:

They are trying to stay in business to preserve not only the ability to be there when all this is over but also the jobs of their employees, their suppliers etc.. Speaking only for myself  if I lose the price of a cruise, an airfare or whatever that will not make me happy but it's the loss of a vacation, not my livelihood  and hopefully, in this crisis, not my life

That is so true. For the elderly, life is more important than money at the moment.