GTY Stateroom and Massive Price Drop

My mom and I are booked to sail on Navigator of the Seas in April and I was just checking to see if ship was full considering everything that has been going on, only to see that the price that I paid for an inside guarantee would now cover a balcony guarantee. When we last cruised on Royal, when the price dropped I was able to contact them and be moved up the category even after the final payment. Is this still something that can be done? I know policies change.

Thanks tons.

• Like 1

Yes this can be done (possible exception what Biker19 said) if you are lucky enough to get through. I have a similar situation for my May cruise, but have been unable to get in touch with my TA. I have sent several e-mails and left a phone message, but they are absolutely inundated at this time. I have decided to leave it alone for now, they have more immediate demands, my desire for an upgrade is the least of our worries...at this point who even knows what kind of travel restrictions will be in place by then?

1 hour ago, EeyoreRN said:

Yes this can be done (possible exception what Biker19 said) if you are lucky enough to get through. I have a similar situation for my May cruise, but have been unable to get in touch with my TA. I have sent several e-mails and left a phone message, but they are absolutely inundated at this time. I have decided to leave it alone for now, they have more immediate demands, my desire for an upgrade is the least of our worries...at this point who even knows what kind of travel restrictions will be in place by then?

I have been on hold for an hour and twenty minutes. I probably won't try again. You are right, all of my good energy and hopes are going into actually being able to sail.

• Like 1

I called very early in the morning and got through in less than five minutes.  Changed cabins and was off the phone in three minutes.  Mine was only an in-kind change to another junior suite, so it may take a few more minutes to process your move.

Give early morning a try!