Switch to early saver?

BaronArroz

Hi all, 

I'm currently booked for a cruise on the Panorama in june- quad cabin GTY balcony.  When I booked, the next cheapest rate was over $400 more. Since summer bookings usually don't drop I figured the GTY was a safe bet. Now after last week's scare and all of the news and updates, the price for early saver has dropped to $80 more than my current booking. I can't decide if I want to take the risk and pay $80 for the possibility of saving $ if the price continues to drop after final payment this weekend? Or should I reprice into my current rate code, which will save me $300 right now but wont be adjusted in case of huge price drops. Thanks!

I'm not sure anyone can really answer the question since it all depends on so many factors. If the COVID 19 scare continues prices could continue to drop in which case having Early Saver would be a benefit. But if all of a sudden it stabilizes (which I hear it is doing in China) then they might not be in such a hurry to lower prices substantially. 

Edited by sparks1093

Fares just dropped again since last night. Early saver is now the exact same price as my current offer, and my current rate code dropped by $100. Fare difference is $418, so pretty significant. 

Edited by BaronArroz

10 hours ago, BaronArroz said:

The rates have dropped more- I'm currently switched into the lower rate. Still watching the ES rate as it's around $150 lower than my original booking right now. 

Usually you need to start with ES not switch to it

11 hours ago, BaronArroz said:

The rates have dropped more- I'm currently switched into the lower rate. Still watching the ES rate as it's around $150 lower than my original booking right now. 

As long as you do not mind getting a room over/under a noisy part of the ship(lido, nightclub, piano bar, etc), stay with the GTY room.  if you want to choose your room, move to ES.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Usually you need to start with ES not switch to it

You can change to ES at anytime it is available.

• Like 1