Biggest Balcony (B-Category) Jewel

pghflyer

Are there any tricks I am missing to finding the biggest Balconies on the ships? I haven't really found a single place yet to find this information.

I am looking at a Balcony (B category) room on the Jewel, and it says balconies can range from "38-54 feet".  Well, I would sure rather have 54 feet than 38!!!

I use this site sometimes but it is often hit or miss (in this case, miss) on specifics.

https://*****/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=Norwegian+Jewel

I don't feel like the stateroom maps on the official site are drawn to scale enough to really tell a difference.

Anyhow, my specific question right now is for Jewel, but I have always wondered generally too.....thanks in advance!

There is a sticky at the top of this board that is a cabin review thread. It has a lot of valuable information although it is cumbersome to use. It is not in table form but you can search the four jewel class ships and it shouldn’t be too awfully bad. Also, sometimes, if you google a particular cabin number and ship the CC post will pop up.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
NCL Getaway 3/29/2020
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021
CCL Dream 5/16/2021

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 7:25 PM, pghflyer said:

Are there any tricks I am missing to finding the biggest Balconies on the ships? I haven't really found a single place yet to find this information.

I am looking at a Balcony (B category) room on the Jewel, and it says balconies can range from "38-54 feet".  Well, I would sure rather have 54 feet than 38!!!

I use this site sometimes but it is often hit or miss (in this case, miss) on specifics.

I don't feel like the stateroom maps on the official site are drawn to scale enough to really tell a difference.

Anyhow, my specific question right now is for Jewel, but I have always wondered generally too.....thanks in advance!

B1 (Aft Balcony) Deck 10 - huge huge huge

Numerous cruises on the Gem in this category / location and zero ash....  

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:25 PM, pghflyer said:

Have you looked at this site (NCL) LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

Click on the ship you are researching JEWEL

Notice on the left side of the page the color coded staterooms by category

Click on a deck - browse around for the location and type of stateroom you are researching

Note some the cabins have a YouTube video and others have camera icon for other photos

In most cases the staterooms alternate the floor plans (mirror images) -

The headboards of the beds are on the same common wall

If there are inside cabins across the passageway from your selection the cabin and balcony is

apt to be smaller

Inside cabin widths - the space forward and aft is almost the same - it is the depth that increases -

If you are looking for something on say the port side of the ship and not getting enough detail

look on the starboard side to see if a similar cabin has the detail you are looking for

In general the higher decks have larger stateroom space and a larger balcony

Mini-Suites "A Deluxe Balcony" have a token few more square feet of space because of the bath tub

The NCL cruise deck plan site is FREE - if you join the member site for a fee you can get even more

details plus the "Drag Deck" feature moving one deck on top or under another to find the good the bad

and the ugly features of your cabin selection research - as is the site only gives you a one site size

fits all that is why you are running into that -  it says balconies can range from "38-54 feet". 

38 feet being on lower decks 8&9 54 feet on higher decks 10&11

There is another way to search for cabin details by using Google or other search engine -

Simply search under - NCL JEWEL cabin xxxxx (xxxxx being the cabin number)

If you study the sources available you can get a boat load of info - once on the ship take a moment

to wander the passageways and peek here and there to see and confirm your research -

Another way is with a Meet & Greet party do a Cabin Crawl if offered.

• Like 1