Possible Cancel

We are due to depart on the Ovation of the Seas May 7th from HNL to Vancouver. However husband is uncomfortable with going with all this Corona Virus stuff. Found a cruise on Ovatiion with reverse itinerary of Vancouver to Hawaii in September 1 night less and more money. Since we are paid in full we can't just switch things over and the September cruise is about $600 more than May for one night less??? Do you think that the prices will go down any given the current situation? I have to wait  until they send me certificates once I cancel to rebook and apply the certs. Just trying to see is I should wait to see if prices go down, before we pay more for the cruise. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Schatzie45 said:

We are due to depart on the Ovation of the Seas May 7th from HNL to Vancouver. However husband is uncomfortable with going with all this Corona Virus stuff. Found a cruise on Ovatiion with reverse itinerary of Vancouver to Hawaii in September 1 night less and more money. Since we are paid in full we can't just switch things over and the September cruise is about $600 more than May for one night less??? Do you think that the prices will go down any given the current situation? I have to wait  until they send me certificates once I cancel to rebook and apply the certs. Just trying to see is I should wait to see if prices go down, before we pay more for the cruise. Thanks 

Just call and transfer your current cruise to that cruise, if price goes down later just call back and get the new lower price.

Let me know what they say, because of the issues and your cruise being before the July 31st deadline, they most likely will even wave the $100 per person change fee.

Let us all know how they handle it after your call. have the cabin number you want on the new cruise ready too, makes a much quicker call, the agents there like that you know category and cabin number you want.

IMPORTANT ASK THE AGENT TO KEEP THE SAME BOOKING NUMBER, this way no need to wait for certificates

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Schatzie45 said:

We have a B2B booked on Allure in Oct/NOV in the MED. I have been checking for a price drop every day or so for the last 2 weeks.   The first leg in the Med is up $300+ over our original booking price . The second leg which is the transatlantic back home has increased over $1200pp. Airline prices are up as well and no discount prices for Barcelona hotels. I think when the panic is over prices will skyrocket to make up for lost revenue. 

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I think when the panic is over prices will skyrocket to make up for lost revenue. 

I don't think they will be thinking like that at all, people just won't book if that is their thinking, they will just look elewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I don't think they will be thinking like that at all, people just won't book if that is their thinking, they will just look elewhere.

My thoughts were based on the fact that our transatlantic in Nov. has almost doubled in price the last few weeks.  We booked a deck 12 1C on Allure last year for the upcoming TA and paid $2650 total for two with the C&A discount, I checked last night and a 1D cabin on the same hump is $5150 with the discount.  We are also on the previous weeks cruise which is the Presidents cruise and they just added a KSF promo to that cruise. 

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

My thoughts were based on the fact that our transatlantic in Nov. has almost doubled in price the last few weeks.  We booked a deck 12 1C on Allure last year for the upcoming TA and paid $2650 total for two with the C&A discount, I checked last night and a 1D cabin on the same hump is $5150 with the discount.  We are also on the previous weeks cruise which is the Presidents cruise and they just added a KSF promo to that cruise. 

I would not judge what is going to happen to the prices that far out for a cruise 8 months from now with everything that is going on right now. Most likely no one is booking at those kinds of prices anyway.

For all we know they may even be raising prices for far out cruises so their customer service can just catch up on all the calls for people canceling. Just to have less calls going into the call centers.

I did call RCCL and because we are already paid in full, isn't that easy to rebook. It can't be transferred from reservation to reservation, it has be cancelled, I have to wait for them to send me a certificate that I can use for next cruise... plus they refund my credit card for the excursions we already booked and port fees. so part refund part cert. It would be much easier if they could just transfer everything to a new reservation!

1 hour ago, Schatzie45 said:

I did call RCCL and because we are already paid in full, isn't that easy to rebook. It can't be transferred from reservation to reservation, it has be cancelled, I have to wait for them to send me a certificate that I can use for next cruise... plus they refund my credit card for the excursions we already booked and port fees. so part refund part cert. It would be much easier if they could just transfer everything to a new reservation!

Never heard of that.........did you tell them the cruise you are moving it to is more expensive? I bet you call Royal Caribbean again you get a different answer.