If Royal cancel my cruise would I get my money back?

6 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

luisc25...your question was answered this afternoon...RCCL just cancelled our April sailing.

Offered full refund or 125% FCC for future sailing.  (We just have to cancel our hotel and airfare...more time will be spent on the phone tomorrow...sigh.)

From where you were sailing, it looks like only US ports were cancel, which doesn’t make sense. 

We are currently on the Jewel in Dubai. Boarded last Monday.  We have not been anywhere as all ports closed.  We were told we would be given a full refund of the cruise fare. Within an hour our onboard account was credited and at the end of the cruise the balance will go back onto my bank card. But, we have not had the full cost refunded. We are about $200 short. When we questioned this we were told it was government fees and taxes.  As we have stayed on the ship we have had a nice “hotel” room and been well fed so we are not too worried about the shortfall but Royal should be clear about what you get back. 

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That only applies to sailings before April 10th.  Are you sailing from Barcelona before April 10th

Okay thanks my sailing is May 10, I guess I have to wait until they extend this.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct 

Thank you, it’s crazy because Tap Portugal cancel and refund my money and RCI still hope they can still sailed out of Barcelona, I guess they don’t want their stock to lower more.

4 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

Thank you, it’s crazy because Tap Portugal cancel and refund my money and RCI still hope they can still sailed out of Barcelona, I guess they don’t want their stock to lower more.

I doubt Royal thinks that.  There is so much going on right now they are just putting out immediate fires, yours is relatively far off, they will get to yours.