Not a word from OTA re cruise

dockman

Booked an April 3 NCL cruise with one of the largest OTA companies.  Since then NOT ONE WORD from them about anything...no emails, no texts, no letters, no calls.

Of course I have kept up with all the news via CC and media which is good because if I was depending on my "travel agent" to keep me informed I would think everything is a go.

I realize it is crazy times but wouldn't you think a huge company could at least find time to send customers an email letting them know their cruise has been cancelled and just a bit of most basic info as to what if anything we need to do re refund, FCC, or whatever?  Seems it is on customer to chase them down via phone (good luck) to get info that a simple email could provide.  And of course since i booked via agent not one word to me direct from NCL, not even a notice that by the way your cruise is cancelled.

Really really poor service or should i say NO SERVICE.

yes i am sure someday i will hear something from them....would have been nice to at least get an email saying by the way your cruise is cancelled and we will be in touch...how hard is that to do?

• Like 2

If it makes you feel any better I have not heard from my online national membership based TA either.  They helpfully posted links to various bits of info including if you booked with our "brandname" credit card we just want to remind me we discontinued travel insurance benefits last year for cardholders. Although I am pretty sure credit card travel insurance does nothing for this situation anyway but it's the thought that counts. LOL. 

But I totally agree with you how hard would it be for either company to send an email at least to acknowledge that clients trips are in a bit of a muddle and please be patient while we work everything out. Every single business that I have ever had anything to do with has sent an email within the last few days letting me know about their Covid 19 protocol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dockman said:

Booked an April 3 NCL cruise with one of the largest OTA companies.  Since then NOT ONE WORD from them about anything...no emails, no texts, no letters, no calls.

Of course I have kept up with all the news via CC and media which is good because if I was depending on my "travel agent" to keep me informed I would think everything is a go.

I realize it is crazy times but wouldn't you think a huge company could at least find time to send customers an email letting them know their cruise has been cancelled and just a bit of most basic info as to what if anything we need to do re refund, FCC, or whatever?  Seems it is on customer to chase them down via phone (good luck) to get info that a simple email could provide.  And of course since i booked via agent not one word to me direct from NCL, not even a notice that by the way your cruise is cancelled.

Really really poor service or should i say NO SERVICE.

So make a note to yourself, don't use this TA again.

I go back and forth in using TA or selfbooking.  I either case I keep an eye on the news, to see if their is a potential impact on plans

I am curious if other people have had same lack of communication from various OTAs....i think against the rules to actually name the company but mine is one of the biggest cruise sellers around that makes massive profits.  Maybe time to invest a few bucks into customer service?

A company that sells hundreds of thousands of cruises a year is open 7 days a week and if ever there is a time to extend hours it is now.  I knew through other sources a week or more ago that my cruise was not likely to operate.

Part of the responsibility of agents used to be to handle communications with clients....one of the reasons they get paid good commissions is to take some of the burden off the cruise line staffing requirements.

NO EXCUSE not to at least send a basic email to clients.  In the past few days i have received emails from a dozen or more companies that i barely or rarely ever utilize updating me on information concerning virus related changes, policies, etc.  But an OTA that was more than happy to take several thousand dollars?  NOT A PEEP.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I haven’t heard from my TA, for what it’s worth.  What would they tell me that I don't already know?  

But not everyone is on cruise critic and cruise sites.  I am on it all the time and there are still several things that i do not know about my cruise re refunds etc other than what i have been able to scrape together myself.