Courtesy Hold Extended

BIGADORF

Last week on March 15th 2020 I placed a courtesy hold on a cruise in 2021, at that time it was due to self cancel I didn't make the deposit by March 18, 2020. I checked today and the courtesy hold date is now March 31, 2020. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I used FCC to make the reservation (at the time I made it I was using FCC and it was March 18, 2020 self cancel date with the FCC applied). I am planning on cancelling it anyway, but trying to call Princess is fruitless and you can't cancel online. I will wait till March 31 and hopefully it will just self cancel. My only question is since I was using FCC from a cruise cancelled by Princess on April 6 2020, will this complicate and delay my getting the 100% refund from the Princess cancelled cruise that I opted for by filling out the paperwork and submitting it to Princess last week? I am guessing that it will play out over time. It would be a lot easier if, at least during this "heavy volume of calls" period Princess would allow online cancellations.

Last Wednesday I had a hold on a 02/04/21 cruise that was due to expire Friday. Then this coming Tuesday. Was told I could have that pushed out. Received refund + FCC from cancelled cruise so I paid yesterday and had FCC added to reduce fare which reduces & insurance.  Deposit had to be cash. Surprised OP could do it with FCC

But yes, they are being generous with timeline 

Edited by Ombud

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Caribbean Princess for May 16 at a really low price. OV cabin obstructed for $387.00 per person + $136.80 Tax etc. They offer $50 OBC I get Vets $100 OBC and Stockholder $100.00 OBC. Considering it is just about in the 3 month window for it to be paid in full. I want the TA to see if they can put an extended hold on it so I can use the FCC from the Cancelled Island Princess cruise that was to me March 17th.

Sorry the dates should be March 12 making the reservation and March 15 self cancel.

I know the difference between FCC & FCD. I was only including that to see if possibly that had any influence on it

"Last week on March 15th 2020 I placed a courtesy hold on a cruise in 2021, at that time it was due to self cancel I didn't make the deposit by March 18, 2020."