Thoughts on basic drink package.

ldgiff

We have cruised many times, but never on MSC. We recently booked during the “balcony at the price of an inside room” sale. We are not big drinkers, but enjoy the freedom of drink packages when cruising. If we buy basic drink package (I read where that covers a drink up to $6) and I order a frozen drink ($8.75), do they just charge you for the difference in price? This happens on Celebrity and NCL and I am curious. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, ldgiff said:

We have cruised many times, but never on MSC. We recently booked during the “balcony at the price of an inside room” sale. We are not big drinkers, but enjoy the freedom of drink packages when cruising. If we buy basic drink package (I read where that covers a drink up to $6) and I order a frozen drink ($8.75), do they just charge you for the difference in price? This happens on Celebrity and NCL and I am curious. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Full price plus 15% gratuity.

One workaround that many with Easy Package use it to order a virgin frozen drink, and a shot of whatever alcohol (rum, vodka, gin, etc - no tequila, not covered on Easy) and mix it yourself. The bartenders are very familiar with this workaround, and there's no restrictions such as one drink at a time, etc like other lines.  Many times, they'll simply mix it themselves for you.  

If you want to upgrade, it's the difference in price between Easy and whichever package you're upgrading to. If you do it in advance, there's no service charge applied to the upgrade cost; if you do it aboard, you pay the 15% service charge on upgrade difference.

Enjoy 

14 hours ago, ldgiff said:

Thank you! Great responses! Next question, I see I have to book entertainment prior to cruise. Will that open up on app after final payment?

You don't book entertainment prior to cruise on MSC. You book it aboard, for the newer ships where you need to (Meraviglia and newer mainly).  You can do it via app, screens around ship, TV in stateroom, etc. 

You may be able to book Cirque show in advance, I'm not 100% on that, but I don't think so.  Someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. 

Enjoy. 

You can indeed book (and pay for) the Cirque Du Soleil shows on Meraviglia class ships in advance. I already have the option to do it for my Grandiosa cruise in November of this year, and my Meraviglia in August.