Who do you contact to check on cash refund

mertziek

Sorry if this has been covered but I cannot find an answer.  We are expecting a cash refund from our recent Rome to Dubai Spirit Cruise unrelated to the current Covid-19 refunds and I have called Accounting to try to get a status report from them but get a recorded message and then the line clicks off.  Is there any other place to call to check on the status of our refund since 10 days ago they told me it was being processed and I should receive my refund in 7-10 days?  TIA.

I'm sure they thought it would be 7-10 days or that is what they were told and I'd bet that there is so many refunds, it will take a little longer.  Not to mention that you bank has control when it his your account, after NCL process it.  I would wait a little longer and not tie up the phones with questions I doubt they will be able to answer, so others don't have to wait so long to cancel their cruises....just a thought.

My opinion......NCL's and the other cruise lines' worlds have suddenly been turned upside down.  I am guessing that within the organization offices they are scrambling to just determine how to survive this mess, how to pay the bills without any further cash flow coming in, and will they even be operating at all in the next few months.  I'm guessing that customer service issues are way on the back burner, especially ones the will require giving out cash refunds.  I thought I read the they are now saying expect a 90 day wait for that.  Only an opinion.  It's a mess for sure with no answers at all.  

I would not expect a refund for at least six to eight weeks, whether it is related to COVID or not. NCL is swamped right now, and accounting is not an area that they can easily ramp up staff.

Edited by zqvol

I just called NCL for my Mar 6 cancellation and they said I should see refund in 7 - 10 business days ...and she confirmed I should get it by this Friday Mar 20... who knows.. I will wait till Friday then..

@mertziek

We were on same cruise as you (Feb 14 Spirit Rome-Dubai), and we received cash refunds on our credit card already.

The NCL excursions (Athens & Rhodes) were refunded on Feb 7, the percentage (3/20) of the pre-paid DSC, booze pkg grats were refunded on Feb 14, and the 25% of base fare was refunded on Feb 17.

Maybe you need to check last month's cc transactions, not this month's.

55 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

@mertziek

We were on same cruise as you (Feb 14 Spirit Rome-Dubai), and we received cash refunds on our credit card already.

The NCL excursions (Athens & Rhodes) were refunded on Feb 7, the percentage (3/20) of the pre-paid DSC, booze pkg grats were refunded on Feb 14, and the 25% of base fare was refunded on Feb 17.

Maybe you need to check last month's cc transactions, not this month's.

Not a matter of looking at the wrong month.  We already have a partial refund for $290+ but when I spoke to them the rest has not been processed from their accounting.  I know the amounts we should be refunded but it is hung up on their end.  I’m trying to figure how to get to talk to someone to check on the status since all you get now is a recording and then get disconnected.

NCL Spirit Rome to Dubai.

I did not get a refund or in fact any communication from them.  It seems that about 1/2 the cruisers were processed and then nothing ! Even an email saying there was a delay would be acceptable but no info at all is not good. I wrote and got an obviously canned response thanking me for contacting them re  my trip on the "Breakaway".   I'm waiting until the end of the month to contact them by phone as I imagine everything is chaotic and will let you know.

Edited by roma1255