Anyone cancel through big box TA and HAL has no record of it?

Kfrech

I canceled on 3/8, 97 days out to guarantee a full refund. I have email from TA saying it’s been cancelled, and it no longer shows up in my bookings on their website. However, it still shows up on HAL’s website.

I called HAL this morning and they said I have to go back to TA....on hold now for at least 3 hours. 

Anyone with a similar experience?

1 minute ago, Kfrech said:

Guess you got really lucky!

HAL is now in the list of cruise lines that you can fill out the paperwork for. I might go that route too. 

The reason we didn't fill out the form to cancel was it said you would get an FCC, and our 2 cruises were still eligible to be a cash refund to our credit card.  We preferred the cash.  Therefore we had to wait on line until our call was answered, but it all worked out fine.  We just have to wait and see if the refunds show up soon on that credit card.  Hope it doesn't take too long.  

We cancelled 3 cruises with HAL in the last 90 days. Cruise 1&2 were booked thru a travel site and  FCC were “issued”. It took 2 calls back to this travel site as the cruise still showed up as active on HALs site. Travel site apologized and said it would take at least 14 business days before I received an email from HAL showing the FCC’s. It has been 21 business days and I received the emails stating the FCC’s are now in my account and can be used for future cruise bookings. 
The 3rd cruise (VOV) was cancelled last week and we will receive the money back on our credit card. Hoping to rebook the VOV in 2021 but my DW wants to hold off booking until we get a better understanding of Coronavirus.
Patience is needed during these unprecedented times. I believe all travel related businesses are doing their best to assist everyone who is affected by this event.

Got through to big box TA. Not a bad wait at all. Apparently someone at TA dropped the ball. They were able to talk to HAL while I was on the line and cancel the cruise. However, than I had to speak to a supervisor at the TA because HAL didn't want to refund my deposit since on their end, it looks like I'm only canceling today. Since it was TA fault, TA is issuing me a check. We booked under the explorer 4 promo, so the deposit was quite low.

When I log into my HAL account, the cruise is still there. I'll give it a few days and check back again.

I will have to say, everyone I spoke to was wonderful, both at HAL and TA. Maybe we'll all learn something from this and be kinder to one another.