AON insurance refund if you used Cruise Credit?

BIGADORF

Anybody know if you had the Platinum  insurance from Princess/AON whether or not you can get your money back (not FCC) if you had booked a cancelled cruise or had a medical issue and could not go on the Cruise? We used FCC to pay for a April cruise.

Thank you

I received a call from Princess yesterday and asked that same question. According

to the Princess Rep I will receive cash back to my credit card for taxes and fees,

any cancelled shore excursions and the fee for my Platinum Insurance.  I had chosen

Option 1 last week when first offered but have yet to see any credits or refund to cc.

59 minutes ago, nnzz said:

I received a call from Princess yesterday and asked that same question. According

to the Princess Rep I will receive cash back to my credit card for taxes and fees,

any cancelled shore excursions and the fee for my Platinum Insurance.  I had chosen

Option 1 last week when first offered but have yet to see any credits or refund to cc.

But what happens if you chose option 2 since you might be over 70 with diabetes and may not be able to do any future cruises?

I had a claim with Aon after I cancelled my cruise. I had received 50% back on my credit card when I cancelled and put claim in for the balance.

Aon sent me an email this week canceling my claim. They said since Princess canceled my cruise (after I cancelled), Princess will be refunding my Insurance money to us so Aon is out of it. Meanwhile except for the initial refund, I have received nothing back from Princess. I would imagine it will be a while before all will be sorted out. In fact my Future Cruise Deposits are still showing as applied to my cancelled cruise.

22 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I had a claim with Aon after I cancelled my cruise. I had received 50% back on my credit card when I cancelled and put claim in for the balance.

Aon sent me an email this week canceling my claim. They said since Princess canceled my cruise (after I cancelled), Princess will be refunding my Insurance money to us so Aon is out of it. Meanwhile except for the initial refund, I have received nothing back from Princess. I would imagine it will be a while before all will be sorted out. In fact my Future Cruise Deposits are still showing as applied to my cancelled cruise.

I have the same issue, received the some weird refund amount back only, and now the canceled claim, nothing yet from Princess. I have filled out the form on line for Option 2 and received the confirmation they had received the application, that was on March 14 so far nothing. On the refund it was strange we were doing a S2S, the first cruise we received 75% back, but on the second cruise only a week later only received 50% back it was a more expensive trip, 14 days, club class. It should have been the other way around 50% on the first one and 75% on the second, a big money difference. I have tried a couple times to call but no luck getting through. I have read it could take up to 30 days?  Then some have posted 8 days?

On 3/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, BIGADORF said:

Anybody know if you had the Platinum  insurance from Princess/AON whether or not you can get your money back (not FCC) if you had booked a cancelled cruise or had a medical issue and could not go on the Cruise? We used FCC to pay for a April cruise.

Thank you

I have not heard of anyone getting cash or CC refund back on a Princess insurance claim after using an FCC.

We had this issue once and the FCC went back to our circle savings account.