HAL Online Form for Canceled Cruise

kaiiak

Sadly filled out the online form today for our canceled April 5th cruise.  Chose to get the refund because it seemed like the responsible thing to do given the shaky economy, possible future layoffs, and unknowns of how long the cruise industry is going to be affected by this. Hoping life will be back to normal by the end of the year and if so we can book another trip. Wondering though... is it really taking 60 days to get a refund once you fill out the online form?

I called HAL this morning (no wait, call taken immediately about 10am eastern) to inquire about our FCC on our 4/1 cancelled cruise. I cancelled 3/13 after the first email from HAL regarding FCC for cancelled cruises. This was  before the form was sent. At that time, I was told I would receive an email in a week or so. I was told today it would now be 4-6 weeks before I receive the email. When I cancelled the cruise I asked if I could use the FCC on an existing Dec. Veendam cruise reservation to be able to upgrade from a Lanai to a Neptune Suite (which we had on our cancelled cruise). She said yes I could, it didn't have to be a new booking as I had only paid the deposit for Dec. and not the whole amount. This morning, I asked a different HAL agent the same question and was told the same thing. As long as I don't pay the whole bill when I call to be able to use the FCC on that cruise, I can use it on the Dec. cruise to upgrade. The balance is due in Sept. and I should receive the HAL FCC email in plenty of time. I asked the question to two different HAL agents because I kept reading on this forum that the FCC had to go to a new booking. I triple checked with a PCC I have used in the past and she agreed with the other two agents. I didn't mention first that I had already asked two HAL agents.

• Like 2

I was wondering the same thing. I filled out the form last week for our april 4 sailing but the booking is still visible in My Bookings on the HAL website. So I guess I just have to be patient... and waiting for next cruise to be cancelled (april 17) 😞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Djptcp said:

I called HAL this morning (no wait, call taken immediately about 10am eastern) to inquire about our FCC on our 4/1 cancelled cruise. I cancelled 3/13 after the first email from HAL regarding FCC for cancelled cruises. This was  before the form was sent. At that time, I was told I would receive an email in a week or so. I was told today it would now be 4-6 weeks before I receive the email. When I cancelled the cruise I asked if I could use the FCC on an existing Dec. Veendam cruise reservation to be able to upgrade from a Lanai to a Neptune Suite (which we had on our cancelled cruise). She said yes I could, it didn't have to be a new booking as I had only paid the deposit for Dec. and not the whole amount. This morning, I asked a different HAL agent the same question and was told the same thing. As long as I don't pay the whole bill when I call to be able to use the FCC on that cruise, I can use it on the Dec. cruise to upgrade. The balance is due in Sept. and I should receive the HAL FCC email in plenty of time. I asked the question to two different HAL agents because I kept reading on this forum that the FCC had to go to a new booking. I triple checked with a PCC I have used in the past and she agreed with the other two agents. I didn't mention first that I had already asked two HAL agents.

Great information.

My booking said already sailed.I cancelled it before it left.Was also told would get an e mail in about 4 weeks.They said if made new booking would have to give new deposit.