Royal Caribbean suspends cruises through May 12

ZoeyVictoria

I think it is inevitable that CCL will follow suit. Should be no surprise on Friday to hear they have extended cancellations.  Here in NY we supposedly have not even hit the top of the curve yet - it is expected to peak in 1-2 weeks, with (unfortunately) the rest of the country to follow as some states are doing already.  Stay safe and healthy, all.

3 hours ago, Grillfish said:

Not sure how long as this started last night, but if you are flying down to FL from the Tri-state area, you go into a mandatory self-quarantine.

"Starting today, passengers arriving into FL from the New York Tri-State area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) must self-quarantine for 14 days due to COVID-19, according to @GovRonDeSantis Executive Order.
For more details and exemptions: https://*****/3bnShVu".

Not being enforced at all. I've heard of accounts from both Orlando International and SFO and there was an article in the paper saying passengers weren't even told about, much less enforced.

13 hours ago, siestakeys04 said:

Just my opinion I don’t think cruises will start back until Aug or sept. My son and some family and his friends have one july 18. I have the Mardi Gras booked for December 12 I don’t think the ship will be ready so looking now for another option just in case.

If this happens I sure hope Carnival extends the time to be able to use the FCC on a rebooking well into 2022, going to be hard to accommodate all of those of us who have cancelled or had our cruises cancelled. Would be a PR nightmare if a portion of those that had paid for cruises were never able to cruise due to lack of availability.

37 minutes ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

If this happens I sure hope Carnival extends the time to be able to use the FCC on a rebooking well into 2022, going to be hard to accommodate all of those of us who have cancelled or had our cruises cancelled. Would be a PR nightmare if a portion of those that had paid for cruises were never able to cruise due to lack of availability.

I don’t think lack of availability is going to be an issue.  Between people avoiding cruises for health reasons and/or fear of being stuck on a ship along with financial issues caused by the recent downturn in the US economy, I don’t anticipate ships sailing at full capacity any time soon after they resume operations. 

4 hours ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

Me too I do hope things get better before then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think lack of availability is going to be an issue.  Between people avoiding cruises for health reasons and/or fear of being stuck on a ship along with financial issues caused by the recent downturn in the US economy, I don’t anticipate ships sailing at full capacity any time soon after they resume operations. 

I have no way of knowing how many people had cruises cancelled that have taken the FCC option, but if all of those people have only a relatively short time frame to use that FCC on cruises that were already relatively full, there absolutely will be an availability issue. I don't see a ton of people walking away from several thousand dollars in credits. Seems like it would be a reasonable step for Carnival to extend the time for people to use the credit by a year.

10 hours ago, Grillfish said:

Not sure how long as this started last night, but if you are flying down to FL from the Tri-state area, you go into a mandatory self-quarantine.

"Starting today, passengers arriving into FL from the New York Tri-State area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) must self-quarantine for 14 days due to COVID-19, according to @GovRonDeSantis Executive Order.
For more details and exemptions: https://*****/3bnShVu".

and how on earth do they enforce that?

5 minutes ago, Medtech2 said:

and how on earth do they enforce that?

Gov had some long explanation (maybe sound tough with no recourse), but if you don't notify folks before they get on a flight, folks in for a surprise.  

Weird times.  Stay healthy everyone.

• Like 1