Travel Insurance Refunds

Cruzinram

Has anyone attempted to secure a refund on their Premium for travel related expenses that are now cancelled? I spoke with a large travel insurance agency today and it looks like I will receive a refund once I can show proof of receipt from Celebrity in the amount of the T/A we had scheduled for April 17.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Has anyone attempted to secure a refund on their Premium for travel related expenses that are now cancelled? I spoke with a large travel insurance agency today and it looks like I will receive a refund once I can show proof of receipt from Celebrity in the amount of the T/A we had scheduled for April 17.

We just did this, but through the insurance web-site. Had a link to a form online just like the cruise line. Just needed our policy number / sailing info...pretty straight forward and got a confirmation email almost immediately. We attempted through the travel agent first and then went exploring on our own. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Hi Cruzinram,

There's likely more than that you will need to furnish for a premium refund.

You will need documentation from any travel arrangements you bought independently for the same trip. If you bought airfare on your own, the airline is likely waiving the change fees when you re-use the tickets. This is not the same as getting a cash refund.

Steve Dasseos