Novice how to rebook after cancellation strategy

I may end up being the longest-running newbie. Came here around 400 days ago after booking my first cruise. That cruise has been cancelled. I haven't gotten an email yet about compensation.

Looking to do the same ship and itinerary a year from now...."let's try this again." Same two of us will be going, but we want a higher category cabin. We had the unlimited drink package at a great price.

Do I call? Are there any tricks or secrets I need to know? I'd like to get the cabin reserved before someone else gets it. Is there a best way to go about it? Thanks for any advice.

11 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

I may end up being the longest-running newbie. Came here around 400 days ago after booking my first cruise. That cruise has been cancelled. I haven't gotten an email yet about compensation.

Looking to do the same ship and itinerary a year from now...."let's try this again." Same two of us will be going, but we want a higher category cabin. We had the unlimited drink package at a great price.

Do I call? Are there any tricks or secrets I need to know? I'd like to get the cabin reserved before someone else gets it. Is there a best way to go about it? Thanks for any advice.

You don’t need to call.  You will automatically get a FCC issued for 125% of your cruise fare.  Taxes and fees will automatically be refunded. 

You can book what what you want now then when the FCC comes  in you then call and apply it to your new reservation.

If you use a TA no deposit will be required right now until May 31 but depending on how much your FCC is you may have to pay a bit once i5 gets applied.

if you book direct then you will need to pay the deposit but if your FCC is big enough some of that may be refunded. 

You should have received an offer to take all your cruise planner purchases as 125% in OBC that you can apply to any booking. 

Unfortunately the great price you got in the drink package is lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somewhere on the health warning on rcl page is a link. If you want 125% obc for your purchased drink pkg and other prepurchased items you have to ask by 4/8 on the link or calling. You can just click the link.

I'm assuming you were in the latest group of cancelled, the above is new.

If you want a refund you have to click to cancel your cruise, if you want the 125% fcc do nothing, it will be emailed by Monday april 30th.

I boomed another cruise, and will apply it to the cruise fare including the deposit. The taxes and fees will be subtracted from my deposit, the rest refunded. You will get refunded for current fees and taxes.

Oops I took too long to reply. Above post answers. 

Since you booked thru a ta, contact them about the letter you should have by now.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

Sorry to sound silly, but I've not seen anything about 125% for OBC, when did this happen?

For your pre bought cruise planner items, like drinks, excursions, prepaid tips.

Not for your cruise fare.

"If 

you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.
  • If we don’t hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded."
Edited by firefly333

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

For your pre bought cruise planner items, like drinks, excursions, prepaid tips.

Not for your cruise fare.

Yes I understood the implication, but I've not seen anything from royal about this, it simply said any cruise planner purchases will be refunded to my payment card. 

*Edit*

Nevermind, found it! It wasn't applicable for the first batch of cancellations, so we've had a 100% refund instead. No biggie, there are worse situations to be in!

Edited by Smiles1984